ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Upgraded to a Ryzen 3600 and now I cant get into W
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgraded to a Ryzen 3600 and now I cant get into W

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otakunorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgraded to a Ryzen 3600 and now I cant get into W
    Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 9:28pm
Hey all,

I made a post the otherday about problems my PC was having after upgrading my x470 Taichi from a Ryzen 1600 to a Ryzen 3600. Basically, what's happening is after installing windows, everything seems fine, but once I restart I can no longer get back into Windows, I just get the black screen with spinning dots as if windows was loading, but it just keeps spinning for 20+ mins...

I'm a systems technician and I.T. support technician but have never had such a crazy issue on a personal machine. I can still get in via safe mode and tried using AMD's removal tool to get rid of the chipset and video driver, but no go. It's either a bios, windows, or driver issue. But I've tried multiple bios, and windows installs. This is driving me nuts. ASRock tech support hasn't gotten back to me.

Any ideas? Thanks
butchboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butchboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 12:23am
Happened to me. My problem was that I had a I1394 PCIe card in the second slot. As soon as I pulled it, Windows booted. This was with bios v3.40 on my Taichi x470.

If you have a card in the second PCIe slot, try removing it. Also trying reducing the memory speed in UEFI. That caused me problems too until I flashed bios v3.60.
otakunorth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otakunorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 1:01am
No I've tried removing everything extra, also tried running 1 stick of memory at 2133
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic