ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z170 Extreme4 and G.Skill Ripjaws??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z170 Extreme4 and G.Skill Ripjaws??
    Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 12:42pm
Hello,

I wanted to know if the motherboard ASRock Z170 Extreme4 is compatible with the DDR4 memory "G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GVK". I couldn't find it in the approved list, but I found the Model F4-3200C16D-16GTZ, which isn't that different

Thank you
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 1:56pm
It should, no guarantees. But it should work just fine. Now whether you are able to reach 3200 with your board/cpu combo, that's another story.

I would before trying update your BIOS to 2.10(latest as of this writing) as ASRock is adding memory compatibility to the newly released Z170 chipset motherboard BIOSs on a seemingly monthly basis.

The specific memory G.Skill to date have themselves found compatible with your motherboard can be found HERE.

G.Skill themselves will stand by the memory displayed in the the above Configurator listing should any problems arise.

Update your BIOS first.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
johnnyc2300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyc2300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 4:48am
Did you ever get this memory to work? 

I bought the same G.Skill memory and even with the latest BIOS update, I can only get one 8gb stick to work at a time.

Not sure if there is an actual MB issue or what. Wondering what to do next...

Edited by johnnyc2300 - 09 Feb 2016 at 4:49am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 5:21am
2300, place the sticks into A2 and B2, reset the BIOS and retry.

Failing that.......

So that we can help, please list all the components inside, and also connected outside(eSATA, USB etc) by model numbers that make up your system when this is happening. Include the PSU and its age and lastly the BIOS revision the motherboard is currently flashed to and running with..

Knowing these will help us help you.

johnnyc2300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyc2300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 5:49am
Will do WarDog.

I just realized this is for the Extreme4 motherboard and I just have the K4 motherboard. THinking I should I start a new thread... 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 6:49am
Originally posted by johnnyc2300 johnnyc2300 wrote:

THinking I should I start a new thread... 

Yeppers. Afterward let me know and I'll delete these between us here in this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic