ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi boot loop, showing A8 BIOS code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Taichi boot loop, showing A8 BIOS code
    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:40pm
Hi,

My PC just started displaying code A8 which the manual states is:

0xA8 DXE_SETUP_VERIFYING_PASSWORD

I haven't been able to find much other information about this other than it might be related to the NVMe. I've since removed the M2 SSD and still get the code, I've also reset the CMOS via the back button numerous times but it's still displaying A8. I've currently unplugged it completely and removed the CMOS battery to see if that makes any difference.

Anybody have any idea exactly what this code is referring to and how I can resolve the issue?

Thanks,
triff
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 4:11am
That has nothing to do with your M2 SSD.
I think, 0xA8 DXE_SETUP_VERIFYING_PASSWORD means, that the bios startup has reached the stage, where it would ask for a bios password, if one is set.
The bios just shows that because of a problem probably in the next stage, whatever that is.

And you did clear CMOS with the button while the board was switched off and the PSU unplugged from the wall?
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
triff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 3:03am
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yep I cleared it properly. It turns out only early BIOS versions are compatible with Ryzen 1s and the guy who specced out these PCs didn't do his homework properly since it's not listed anywhere as compatible. In the end I used the BIOS Flashback utility to flash 1.20 and all is good again.

Most likely be picking up a couple of Ryzen 2/3s and using these 1800X processors in some future machines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic