ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z97 Professional with sound problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allannunes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Z97 Professional with sound problem
    Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 10:39pm
The sound stopped working in the Fatal1ty Z97 Professional, after the last update on Windows 10 Pro 64bit, software version 1511. How can I do to fix or when you will release an updated version for win10 SB Recon3D PCIe.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 2:00pm
Did you look in Device Manager, in Sound, video, and game controllers, to see if the Creative Game Blaster audio driver was replaced, or if that audio device is having a problem?

You would see a yellow '!' next to it if Windows knows it has a problem.

If the driver was replaced by the Windows update, you could use the Rollback Driver option in Device Manager.

Did you check the Windows Sound option in Control Panel? The default audio device may have been changed. Or some of the configuration settings may have been changed.

A driver update could only come from Creative Labs, that provides the audio chips and drivers to all the mother board manufactures.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by allannunes1 allannunes1 wrote:

How can I do to fix or when you will release an updated version for win10 SB Recon3D PCIe.

So long as you are not referring to the onboard SB audio of the motherboard but instead you have a separately purchased plug in card SoundBlaster Recon3D PCIe, SoundBlaster themselves have released a Windows 10 driver specifically for your Recon3D PCIe.

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&CatName=Sound+Blaster&prodID=20885&prodName=Sound+Blaster+Recon3D+PCIe

< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">

Edited by wardog - 14 Nov 2015 at 4:21pm
NYURDRMS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYURDRMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 11:30pm
I am having the same problem now with my x79 Extreme 11.  The it is a built in chip on the motherboard, not the PCIe.  The driver on the ASRock website for Win10 states it is from 2013.  Is there a newer driver from Creative that fixes this problem?
glennjh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glennjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 9:26pm
I've had this happen a few times. Shutdown and then unplug the power cord. I leave it for 10 minutes typically plug it back in, restart, then everything works again. I read this on another forum. I'm not running Win 10 though so it might be a driver issue there, but this is worth a try. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic