ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of problems with Asrock X570 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I would just drop the GPU into a lower slot. PCIe 4.0 x8 is more or less the same
as PCIe 3.0 x16, you are correct. The 2080ti doesn't saturate PCIe 3.0 x8 let
alone x16 so you should be fine with the 5700xt at PCIe 4.0 x8. If you are a
curious sort like myself, you can have a bit of fun benchmarking the GPU in each
slot to check for differences yourself. I strongly suspect you won't see more
than a margin of error difference even with the x4 slot

Yep, I'll run some benchmarks a bit later today. By the way, did you manage to reproduce the suspend / resume LEDs issue?
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:25am

That is odd, I will check it out on my X570 Taichi as soon as I have some free
time, probably Wednesday. I don't have these issues with 1.80 on my board
however.

Hi Xaltar. Did you have a chance to test it with 2.0?
zerozl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerozl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:27am
Hi, i am sorry if i am jumping into your thread, but i hope someone can help me:
I am having trouble with the X570 Taichi MB, It does not Post, i get LEDs to turn on but when i press the power button, nothing turns on, i tried even a new Power supply, and all is the same, Tried stock Cooler, and the Corsair H100i pro, and nothing, just LEDS, no codes, no beeps, i would appreciate the help.

Cecil_Montgomery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cecil_Montgomery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:18pm

I would just drop the GPU into a lower slot. PCIe 4.0 x8 is more or less the same
as PCIe 3.0 x16, you are correct. The 2080ti doesn't saturate PCIe 3.0 x8 let
alone x16 so you should be fine with the 5700xt at PCIe 4.0 x8. If you are a
curious sort like myself, you can have a bit of fun benchmarking the GPU in each
slot to check for differences yourself. I strongly suspect you won't see more
than a margin of error difference even with the x4 slot

I am running a vertically mounted GPU, so the entire gpu PCB is about 1-1.5 inches from the mainboard. Running a default fan curve on the EVGA 1080 (which doesn't even turn on fans until north of 40c), the chipset fan would always run hot. It was so bad that it in turn affected GPU temps, and the whole area became a hotbox. By simply adding a mild manual fan curve, it aleviated residual heat in the area, and allowed the chipset fan to be a LOT quieter. As we speak I'm running 30c on the GPU, with fans at 600rpm. The chipset is at 58c with chipset fan at 2300rpm. Intake fans are at 1200 and exhaust at 1400 (the CPU AIO is on exhaust fans).

The chipset runs the same voltage (and thus the same temps) at all times. So don't worry too much if your chipset is at 65c, cos it won't go up much under load, except through heat soak from other components. My concerns about the temp were solely to do with reducing fan noise to the greatest extent possible, without exceeding temps I was comfortable with.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 12:59am

That is odd, I will check it out on my X570 Taichi as soon as I have some free time, probably Wednesday.

Hi Xaltar. Did you manage to reproduce this issue?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 3:41am
Sorry it took a while to reply, I have had a very busy and rather unpleasant week.

I have not been able to get my system to wake from sleep at all, it just reboots.
Until I can actually wake from suspend I can't really check what happens after. I
suspect it may be my GPU not playing nice with the board and will be testing with
another GPU soon.

I wouldn't be overly concerned however. Ryzen 3000 still does not have a mature
AGESA so a lot of things will likely be fixed in future updates. If your system
is running and the only concern is the debug display showing a code I would
just wait for the next BIOS update and see if that resolves it. I believe there
should be a new BIOS update in the next few weeks with AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA
having just been released by AMD.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 3:44am
Yep, I don't see anything anomalous after wake from suspend besides those LEDs, so it's not a critical issue, but would be nice for Asrock to sort this out.
Taichi_FTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taichi_FTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 9:50am
I have the same issue as well, the LEDs are annoying but went away after a reboot.

I read from Reddit Asrock is sending USB type C right-angled adapter cables, does anyone managed to get it?
Ryzen 5 3600X on X570 Taichi
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 12:30pm
FYI, I tried firmware update 2.10, and LED problem still persists (debug and power / reset LEDs on the motherboard stay on after wake up from suspend).
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 6:29pm
have you tried just letting it sit for a while with it on.. I've heard sometimes these ryzen3000 cpus take a long time to self configure themselves..
Asrock x570 Taichi, Ryzen3800x, 32gb Gskill Royal 36000mhz@ 3733mhz, Samsung 250gb 970evo plus for OS drive, Sabrent Rocket 1tb nvme storage drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic