ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Constant USB disconnect/reconnects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PC_Arcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constant USB disconnect/reconnects
    Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 10:30pm
Having an issue with my Asrock Steel Series X570m Pro where usb devices keep unplugging and replugging, I've turned off all the "allow this computer to turn off this device" and it still happens.

In the BIOS I've set everything to Enabled as opposed to auto and again STILL happening.

Is anyone else experiencing this? and how can I fix it?

or (as I suspect) is this motherboard faulty?
PC_Arcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PC_Arcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:02pm
Picture of the problem

Edited by Xaltar - 05 Sep 2019 at 11:21pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:23pm
Make sure you have installed the AMD all in one driver.

As for the problem, we need a lot more info.

Is it all ports displaying this behavior or just specific ones?
Is it any USB device or only a certain type?
PC_Arcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PC_Arcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:37pm
The AMD chipset drivers are installed, I will monitor the issue and provide more feedback.
PC_Arcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PC_Arcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 2:56am

Some more information: This seems to happen irrespective of USB port, and it most frequently occurs with USB Composite devices. Includinmg my keyboard (Qpad MK90) as it has a usb 2.0 hub, the Microsoft LifeCam.

In all honesty I can live without the LifeCam, but they constant disconnects on the keyboard are incredibly annoying :(

I was using a usb switcher with the keyboard which I though was contributing to the issue, but now the keyboard is plugged directly into one of the usb 3.0 sockets on the motherboard.
PC_Arcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PC_Arcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 3:22am
Yet more information:

The keyboard has 2 usb plugs, one for the keyboard and another for the hub. Without the hub plugged in: no more disconnects (so far).

However any hub attached to the USB ports at the back of the motherboard randomly disconnects and connects...
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 6:32am
i would suggest
in device manager
manually tell it to update each driver for each usb entry

i have had some usb issues over the last 2 years

as a rule i tell it to search the net for a driver first (microsoft then looks for a trusted known good whql driver to install) if that fails direct it to the amd chipset folder

i would also note the fact its 'hubs' are causing problems it may well be a lack of power to the usb ports dropping it out

does your board have any port marked as a 'fast charge' usb port ?

this will have a higher power limit electrically
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
PC_Arcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PC_Arcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 2:47pm
Power shouldn't be a problem, the hubs are powered externally, one as a standalone 7 port and the other is built in to my monitor, Combined with an 850w evga PSU, Power shouldn't be an issue.

Trying to manually update the drivers hasn't done anything, windows insist on using the drivers it's currently using even browsing to the relevant AMD folders doesn't change from the installed Microsoft provided drivers.

PC_Arcade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PC_Arcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 4:37am
Problem was/is being caused by the Keyboard's USB hub, No idea why as it was working on my old PC, but remove the hub, not more disconnects! Thank you for all your help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic