ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steel Legend x570 Audio Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flippanteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steel Legend x570 Audio Issue
    Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 2:39am
Hi,

I recently started using my Steel Legend motherboard with the Ryzen 3600, and downloaded the realtek audio driver that was linked on the support page for this board.

Within the first day of using it, the audio started fine but began to dip in quality until a few hours in when it sounded like a radio unable to find the correct frequency. While on discord, I could not make out any words of others.

To attempt to fix the issue, I tried downloading the realtek HD Audio drivers from realtek's website, but the issue remained after installing those drivers. I also checked the sound control panel to make sure if there were any enhancements or extra settings like Dolby, but everything extraneous was turned off.

By uninstalling the realtek drivers entirely and just using Window's default HD Audio drivers, the sound is back and intelligible, BUT there is some crackling in the treble when listening to songs (in comparison to my laptop and my phone), and any time sound is output, there is a slight popping noise at the start and end as if you hear the output device turning on and off.

For now, I'm instead using NVidia's HD audio through my GPU and hooking my headphones to my monitors, but I will be soon replacing that GPU with a RX 5700 XT so I'd like to be able to solve this issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic