ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M steel legend no NVME with Ryzen 3600

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sjshshs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M steel legend no NVME with Ryzen 3600
    Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 5:57pm
Posting this one last time since Asrock refuses to reply to support cases. There is an issue with NVME drives (possibly only Samsung) not being detected with this board. I can confirm putting in a 3200G fixes the issue.

After I put the 3600 back in the NVME works for one time. However restarting or shutting down results in it not being detected again. On an MSI board NVME is detected every time.

BIOS 2.70 still hasn't fixed this issue. Asrock please respond.
Jnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 11:43pm
Sounds similar to my problem.
Looks like a related issue here: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11856&PID=68129#68129

Try resetting CMOS and then try powering off before turning on. If it works but restarts do not work then there is definitely an issue that ASRock should fix.
DylPikl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DylPikl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 8:41am
Happy owner of a 3900x on a B450M Steel Legend with a Samsung 970 Evo Plus, no problems from day 1.
Tiemen Werkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiemen Werkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 10:54pm
I have a similar problem with a kingston A2000 500gb nvme drive. It's not detected at all. I have confirmed that the drive is fine.
I have also rma'ed the mobo thinking it was broken, but the new mobo does not detect the nvme either.
I have had extensive email contact with Asrock support, but to no avail.
I don't have an apu to test with so can't speak to that, just make sure to check the storage QVL before buying an nvme drive with this mobo.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic