ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [x470 Taichi] RGB-Control in BIOS has no effekt?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[x470 Taichi] RGB-Control in BIOS has no effekt?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Termy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [x470 Taichi] RGB-Control in BIOS has no effekt?
    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:19am
As i'm not using windows, setting the RGB in BIOS is my only Option. Unfortunately it doesn't work - no matter what i set, the LEDs stay white for the two lower sources and yellow/red for the part at the I/O-Shield (i've read about that issue, as i want to have red illumination, that wouldn't be a problem for me).
Is anyone else experiencing this?

And second question: if i setup a windows-install and use polychrome to set the RGB, will this persist outside of windows?
Termy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Termy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 6:28pm
Is there really nobody that can tell me if changes made in Polychrome are persistent? If you boot, is the RGB the way you set them right from the start or only when windows is loaded?
cx5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cx5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Termy Termy wrote:

Is there really nobody that can tell me if changes made in Polychrome are persistent? If you boot, is the RGB the way you set them right from the start or only when windows is loaded?

In the UEFI bios should be able to set/change whatever you want. I know x370 taichi UEFI can.

And yes, it's persistent until next change, be in in windows or uefi.

But I don't know windows setting can be persistent or not, because new reboot will run uefi command first, which I don't know will sync the windows as last command or not.
x370taichi@3.50gen4
AX750 Optane900P SN770
3800x PosdonZro4 BarrowPWM-17w>420x140x28
XFX SWFT319 6900XT
MSI RX560 LP to get Fluid Motion BlueskyFRC 75hz
cx5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cx5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Termy Termy wrote:

As i'm not using windows, setting the RGB in BIOS is my only Option. Unfortunately it doesn't work - no matter what i set, the LEDs stay white for the two lower sources and yellow/red for the part at the I/O-Shield (i've read about that issue, as i want to have red illumination, that wouldn't be a problem for me).
Is anyone else experiencing this?

And second question: if i setup a windows-install and use polychrome to set the RGB, will this persist outside of windows?

There's a non-user-friendly way to do it, i.e. cannot do it via mouse, must key in numbers to get the color, as well as key in/type in/select the way it blings, rotate, random, persist whatever, I forgot, was pretty hard to use, the UI is very hard.
x370taichi@3.50gen4
AX750 Optane900P SN770
3800x PosdonZro4 BarrowPWM-17w>420x140x28
XFX SWFT319 6900XT
MSI RX560 LP to get Fluid Motion BlueskyFRC 75hz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic