ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x570 Taichi and 3900x Tons of issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x570 Taichi and 3900x Tons of issues
    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 2:19pm
Hey all, new to this forum and first time ASRock mobo purchaser. I recently built a new PC with the below specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3900x (w/ wraith cooler)
Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi
RAM: XPG D60 DDR4 3600mhz (AX4U360038G17-DT60 that reads as Samsung die)
PSU: Tried OCZ GSX700 and Corsair RM 850x
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB and RTX 2080ti (both tested in all configurations)

Ive tried multiple attempts to get the RAM at rated speed of 3600MHZ using the XMP profile and it just loops until it resets. Currently its running 1333mhz so 2666 and I was able to crawl it up to 3533 (with piss poor timings at a 3:53 ratio but noticed more freezing). I have the 3900x running at stock with no adjustments made to it in the BIOS because ANY change I make I'll either get a D7 error D2 or boot looping until it rolls back those BIOS settings. The x570 was just updated to the new BIOS from 1.6 (new BIOS is 2.1 I believe). Both BIOS versions wont allow RAM to post at rated speeds but most concerning to me is the recent hard freezes that I have been having. I thought it was due to the PSU so I went and got a new one and stuck the RM 850x in, same thing. These hard freezes were happening with RAM at stock of 2666mhz in single channel, dual channel and dual channel at 3533. I tried another set of RAM thats 3000mhz A-Data and that froze as well.

So of my 2 problems with the RAM not booting to even close to the right speeds and the freezing I'm starting to lean towards my mobo needing an RMA.

What I have tried for the RAM:
-booting ram in slot A1+A2 (worked)
-Booting ram in slot A1+B1 (worked)
-Booting ram in slot A2+B2 (worked)
-Booting with 1 stick of ram in each slot which worked about 80% of the time with multiple reboots before hitting windows.
-Booting into XMP (didnt work on either profile 1 or 2)
-Manually setting speed of 3600mhz (didnt work at 1.2v,1.35,1.38v,1.41v)
-Ran Memtest86+ and it passed 4 passes with 0 errors on both individually and both in at same time.

What I have tried for the freezing:
-Installing new PSU (older 700 watt to brand new 850 watt)...still get freezing
-reinstalling Nvidia graphics drivers with DDU (didnt work)
-Swapped 2080ti for GTX 1060
-Swapped CPUs

My CPU temps are never above 68, my 2080ti stays around 70 which I know is hot but its a blower design (I didnt buy it). System freezes with 1060 in as well.

Voltages are boosting to around 1.48 peak but drop back down to .99x on the cores.

Any other info needed to get a better picture?

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 4:31pm
I can't get my 3600 corsair vengeance kit to run at XMP on any BIOS version
over 1.70A, earlier versions got me stable at 3600 CL18 (default XMP profile
for the kit). I have seen others reporting version 2.0 and higher were better
for them. RAM support is still a crapshoot though at least with Ryzen 3000 it
seems the issues are mostly not hitting XMP rather than complete POST failure
as we saw so often with first and second gen.

I also experienced freezes with 2.10 on my X570 Taichi though if I left the
system alone for a minute or so it would unfreeze and continue as normal. Once
I had experienced a freeze, I didn't get another one until I rebooted the
system. For me freezes most commonly occurred during video playback (Netflix,
Youtube, media player etc). Reverting to 1.70a fixed the freezing for me but
bare in mind I use different RAM and the issue is definitely RAM related.
Memtest also passed for me with 0 errors.

Try the various BIOS versions available for your board, the updates break and
fix support for different RAM kits with every new update it seems. The trick is
finding one that works with your config. Also, make sure you have the latest
AMD drivers installed, I would recommend using DDU to completely clean out all
your chipset, audio and GPU drivers then do a fresh install of the chipset
drivers first then the others.
Cevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 1:48am
I am going to try rolling back to an earlier BIOS. It shipped on 1.6 and I was having issues with that one and I jumped right to 2.1. I can try 1.7A.

Do you have your fabric clock the same as your 3600 Memory in 1:1?

And also I used Samsung SSD Migration to an SSD from my old HDD. I read that might be an issue but I'm hesitant to agree because it seems to be more "setting related" or compatibility.
Cevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 3:49pm
I rolled back to several different BIOS versions and got nowhere. What I have noticed is that Dual channel is the issue, I don't freeze in single channel when the 2x8 kit is in slot A1+A2 but will freeze in slots A2+B2.

Wouldnt this indicate something is wrong with my board?
lwiddico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwiddico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 3:49am
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have been having almost the exact same problem with the 3700x and x570 Taichi. I have the same power supply as well.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 4:59am
I have similar issues with one of my RAM kits, the other one works flawlessly so
it is very likely a RAM compatibility issue. Both my kits are Corsair Vengeance,
both are Samsung B-Die but one is an 8gb kit and one is a 16gb kit. The 8gb kit
works at XMP with 0 changes and 0 issues in dual channel. The 16gb kit causes
random hang ups (freeze for 30 - 40 seconds then unfreeze) no matter the speed I
set, XMP or manual timings.

I hope this helps.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 9:42pm
XMP profile settings didn't work for me. Settings suggested by Ryzen DRAM calculator worked fine.
soulstealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Cevo Cevo wrote:

Hey all, new to this forum and first time ASRock mobo purchaser. I recently built a new PC with the below specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3900x (w/ wraith cooler)
Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi
RAM: XPG D60 DDR4 3600mhz (AX4U360038G17-DT60 that reads as Samsung die)
PSU: Tried OCZ GSX700 and Corsair RM 850x
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB and RTX 2080ti (both tested in all configurations)

Ive tried multiple attempts to get the RAM at rated speed of 3600MHZ using the XMP profile and it just loops until it resets. Currently its running 1333mhz so 2666 and I was able to crawl it up to 3533 (with piss poor timings at a 3:53 ratio but noticed more freezing). I have the 3900x running at stock with no adjustments made to it in the BIOS because ANY change I make I'll either get a D7 error D2 or boot looping until it rolls back those BIOS settings. The x570 was just updated to the new BIOS from 1.6 (new BIOS is 2.1 I believe). Both BIOS versions wont allow RAM to post at rated speeds but most concerning to me is the recent hard freezes that I have been having. I thought it was due to the PSU so I went and got a new one and stuck the RM 850x in, same thing. These hard freezes were happening with RAM at stock of 2666mhz in single channel, dual channel and dual channel at 3533. I tried another set of RAM thats 3000mhz A-Data and that froze as well.

So of my 2 problems with the RAM not booting to even close to the right speeds and the freezing I'm starting to lean towards my mobo needing an RMA.

What I have tried for the RAM:
-booting ram in slot A1+A2 (worked)
-Booting ram in slot A1+B1 (worked)
-Booting ram in slot A2+B2 (worked)
-Booting with 1 stick of ram in each slot which worked about 80% of the time with multiple reboots before hitting windows.
-Booting into XMP (didnt work on either profile 1 or 2)
-Manually setting speed of 3600mhz (didnt work at 1.2v,1.35,1.38v,1.41v)
-Ran Memtest86+ and it passed 4 passes with 0 errors on both individually and both in at same time.

What I have tried for the freezing:
-Installing new PSU (older 700 watt to brand new 850 watt)...still get freezing
-reinstalling Nvidia graphics drivers with DDU (didnt work)
-Swapped 2080ti for GTX 1060
-Swapped CPUs

My CPU temps are never above 68, my 2080ti stays around 70 which I know is hot but its a blower design (I didnt buy it). System freezes with 1060 in as well.

Voltages are boosting to around 1.48 peak but drop back down to .99x on the cores.

Any other info needed to get a better picture?

since you are new to this you should understand that the current bios has over 100 bugs and that almost every user has enormous issues with zen 2 or is even unable to run it at all.
Cevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 7:27am
I received a RMA board and it seems to be working stable at proper XMP timings manually entered.
foxx1337 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxx1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:33pm
Hey, really nice it worked out for you. Enjoy!
Ryzen 3900X, Taichi X570
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic