ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plague of BSODs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljdiaz91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 6:45am
So I went today to buy the old RAM modules I had before i got the gskills ripjaws. At the same time I wanted to reseat my CPU (worse mistake I did today). Now it wont read my A2 slot. Tried reseating it again then it wouldnt read my B2 slots but it would ready my A2. However that being said it didn't error me out when loading. I'll have to get back home and try to reseat the cpu (I had this problem earlier when I first bought the parts) and get it in correctly so it reads all ram slots. I'm hoping that my ram was just bad and I had to just get new modules. fingers crossed. Also i've been using this pc since june because I always had a spare one and never had enough time to deal with it until now. I always wanted a strong workstation, never knew how much work it was.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:06am
when all parts are working properly .. it's not much work .. dealing with faulty hardware can be real pain though.

Have you tried just running 2 or 4 sticks and see if stable?

totally different chip, but my wife's 2200g would not run 4 sticks stable at any speed .. I upgraded her to a 3400g and all 4 sticks are running good at rated speed now. Could be faulty memory controller in that TR? .. or bad mem modules .. or motherboard could be the issue.

..but I'd try less sticks of memory ..read your manual to know what slots to occupy with 1,2 or 4 stick config
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic