ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

can't boot into UEFI/Bios X570 PRO4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
notlocalhorst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notlocalhorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can't boot into UEFI/Bios X570 PRO4
    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 1:44am
ok, back to normal.

I installed first Windows 10, and after that Ubuntu and still can boot into UEFI.

Thanks again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notlocalhorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:59pm
wow ... finally some progress :-)

- removed the nvme ssd
- same as before, just black screen :-(
- inserted usb with ubuntu something on it, reset, it booted! Well, it was the next media with something to boot from ...
- reset, splash screen back!!!! YAY!
- booted into Linux, worked
- booted into Windows, back to start, no boot screen, no boot into UEFI

so it seems that windows screws something up. I will re-install it and hope that will fix it. I also updated my UEFI while i could enter it but this makes no difference ...

I will update this thread once i made a fresh installation of Windows.

Thank you!
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:18pm
I never did use Hyper-V. I just jumped over the description, brrr, it even turns your installed OS into a virual machine.
So only after a very well preparation of myself before installing that...

I would remove the nvme too for testing, in the hope that Hyper-V did not change bios settings and just uses a hook mechanism to get the control for bios access.

And i think you have to get support from Hyper-V and UEFI shell experts.
I will leave this thread but i wish you good luck for solving this issue.
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notlocalhorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

So you configured "Enabled with UEFI lock" In the Credential Guard Configuration box as described in the Microsoft article?
=>> Then you should know what you have to do!

No, i didn't. That was in the part how to enable it on that page (which I never did, seems Hyper-V did it on installation), i only used the part below "Disable Windows Defender Credential Guard".

Any Idea how i can check if UEFI lock is enabled?
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 3:11am
So you configured "Enabled with UEFI lock" In the Credential Guard Configuration box as described in the Microsoft article?
=>> Then you should know what you have to do!
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notlocalhorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 7:40pm
I installed and tried boot to uefi (from ASRock page). I reboots to a black screen and nothing happens. If i press ctrl alt del it reboots into windows. (i assume it reboots, i can't see anything)

I also disabled fast boot, it was indeed activated, but it makes no difference.
(i never touched the setting before)
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 6:58pm
just a rough guess are you set to quick boot thats the only way you cant enter bios

either disable quick/fast boot
or
isntall boot to uefi on windows

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notlocalhorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 6:48pm
Hi,

Before: i have Windows 10 and Linux on the same nvme ssd, everything fine. I installed Hyper-V which screwed up my VMWare installation and since then my problems started. First Linux stopped working, boot never finished. Next VMWare couldn't start my VM anymore because of this:
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2146361
So i did everything described in the Microsoft article and that caused the disappearance of UEFI.

- if i do nothing the system boots normally into win10
- i can't enter the UEFI with F2
- there is no boot "screen" with the bios information anymore (was in text mode before)
- last bios version was 1.40
- no OC, most settings default

what i already tried:

- removing the cmos battery and bridging the cmos reset header (first battery, than only cmos header and lastly i tried both).
- Restart to UEFI ver:1.0.6, nothing happens, black screen after reboot
- i removed all devices i could, now only nvme and GFX card (and USB stuff)
- ASRock Live Update isn't showing any bios updates, only drivers (yet, 1.70 is on the webpage)

so ... any ideas how to fix it? I searched the documentation, it seems there is no bios rescue mode or bios install without entering the bios?

appreciate any help, thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic