ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x570m SATA drives disappearing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bluznvice@gmail.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluznvice@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x570m SATA drives disappearing
    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 2:24am
Its been a while, but it's been very stable since I got it fixed. Turns out it was a driver issue. Making sure I loaded all the correct drivers in the right sequence after a clean windows install. Then, it needed some time to "settle in". Can't quite explain that, but after several restarts, checking logs, etc. it just started working. Haven't had that issue since. It's been very stable, no complaints. I looked through my notes to see if I could give you better instructions, but unfortunately no. Oh, I did back down the bios, which seemed to help, then the drivers. Try different sequences of loading the drivers.
MEB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 11:53pm
What was your solution? I have been having the same issue with my Asrock x570 Extreme4 board and you are the only person I could find with the same issue? Im really close to sending the damn thing back and getting a MSI board.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluznvice@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 1:42am
Here's the link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-250

Latest from Asrock Tech support: Perform a clean installation of Windows and reload "all the drivers the motherboard needs". Nice of him to take the time to narrow it down a bit.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:41pm
this is if its in AHCI mode it requires amd drivers for raid
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 4:59pm
Oh, good finding!
That is obviously the explanation why the standard windows driver helped on the problems of the other user.
I cannot find that on the website, but in the installation folder of the latest driver package the AHCI SATA driver has only a W7 folder from 2015...

So my posting from above must be like:
You have to check the driver for the SATA controller in the device manager. If the AMD SATA driver is active, you have to change it to the standard windows driver.

Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluznvice@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:58am
Snipped this from the AMD website concerning their SATA drivers. Note the second paragraph:

Driver Compatibility

AMD SATA AHCI drivers for AMD 6-Series, 7-Series, 8-Series, or 9-Series chipsets are included in the chipset driver package and is compatible only with desktop systems running Windows® 8.1, Windows 7 or older (depending on chipset).

The AMD SATA controller component is not compatible with and will not be offered nor installed by the chipset driver package on AMD desktop systems running Window® 10 or using AMD Socket AM4 and Socket TR4 chipsets. Forcing a manual driver installation via Device Manager on these systems is not supported and may cause stability and performance issues with some mass storage devices, such as solid-state drives (SSD).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluznvice@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:34am
(Dumb question) Do you know if these are in fact AMD SATA ports?
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 6:16pm
You could try to change the driver for the SATA controller in the device manager. If you have the standard window driver, install the AMD driver, else the other way round.

BTW: Here in the forum a user had problems with his M2 SSDs. His solution was to change the SATA driver from AMD to standard windows driver.
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluznvice@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 11:04am
Final update. Replaced the mobo as per Asrock Tech Support. Same problem. That was fun. The new mobo came in with BIOS ver. P1.80 and I didn't flash it yet to the new version. 100% sure that won't fix it, since the first mobo already had it.

If anybody else has an x570m Pro4 with SATA drives, I'd appreciate if you checked your system to see if you have the same problem, or not.

So, I'm calling this an official bug in the motherboard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluznvice@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 1:10am
UPDATE: Got word from Asrock Tech Support. He says replace the motherboard. Ok. Will update after replacement is complete.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic