ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x570 Taichi with Ryzen 9 - On Board Graphics?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corganb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x570 Taichi with Ryzen 9 - On Board Graphics?
    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 4:19am
Hi,

Should the x570 Taichi allow use of onboard graphics with Ryzen 9 CPU? I am not receiving HDMI out and can't see the Bios/IMEI screen. I do not have an external graphics card installed. The system appears to be set up properly and functioning otherwise.

Current set up:
- Fractal Define S2 case
- Cooler Master 1500w power supply
- AsRock Taichi x570 motherboard
- Trident Z RGB Ram (A2 and B2 positions for Dual stick configuration)
- EVO NvMe SSD properly installed under heat sink .
- NZXT Krakken 72 water cooler for the CPU
- Ryzen 9 AMD 12 Core CPU
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 7:48am
There is no onboard graphics, it's just the bit of hardware from the connectors to the pins of the CPU socket.
To use it, you have to use an APU, a Ryzen CPU with integrated graphics support. An AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics, for example.

And here you have an overview for the different Ryzens:
https://www.amd.com/en/ryzen

And you should add a graphics card to your setup, if you want to see something on a monitor...
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
corganb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corganb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 8:30am
ok, thanks for clarifying. I'll install the 3rd party graphics card.
Uwie maulana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uwie maulana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 11:05am
Hi, i just bought asrock x570 phantom gaming, installed 16gb ram+rx570 vga. Turn on power, can booting only blackscreen. Can anybody advise me? Thanks??
corganb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corganb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 11:29am
Possibly need to update the bios with a flash drive (there is a bios reset button on the motherboard near the ports). I think this can be done without a display.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic