ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AS Z77 Extrem4 + M.2 SSD Bios support version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pr0cesor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pr0cesor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AS Z77 Extrem4 + M.2 SSD Bios support version
    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 4:57pm
So I flashed 2.90P from official ASrock website and it turned out that CSM is not under BOOT menu in Bios but in ADVANCED menu under storage settings.

Nevertheless, I didn't have to disable CSM, after plugin M.2 SSD on PCIe, the board detected the SSD immediately, I booted windows 10 on USB and installed it normally. After install, PC booted normally with the new M.2 SSD.

Topic can be closed.
pr0cesor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pr0cesor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 6:39pm
I forgot to ask, which of the 2 bios versions are the most recent one? 2.90P or 2.90Q? Thank you again
pr0cesor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pr0cesor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 6:36pm
Hi Folks,

I have a question regarding the Bios version to support M.2 SSD on AS Extreme4.

In the official website of ASrock they shared with Bios version 2.90P which Supports NVMe Configuration, however in some of the threads, users adviced to update BIOS to 2.90Q.

What is the difference between 2.90P & 2.90Q ? To be honest I flashed both of them into my Bios but I was hoping to see the CSM option in the bios settings which was suggested in some of the forums.

In both flashed bios version, I didn't see that option and I am wonder if my MOBO will be able to detect my M.2 SSD on PCIe adapter and install windows10 on it.

Please advise me if I should flash the version 2.90P from the ASrock official website. Does the absence of the CSM in bios settings should not be a concern? I would be using the UEFI boot mode to trigger the M.2 SSD drive and install windows.

I didn't do anything yet, I am waiting for some advice/comment on the subject.

Thank you in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic