ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best bios for Asrock B350 +ryzen 5 1600

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best bios for Asrock B350 +ryzen 5 1600
    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 12:07pm
I'm running this pc specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (summit ridge)
Mobo: Asrock b350 fatality k4 gaming

Was wondering was the best bios for this b350 motherboard + ryzen 5 1600? Like in terms of performance, not crazy voltage spikes, also I would love to understand why isn't there in the bios options the spread-spectrum for users with cpu Summit-ridge, I saw there is only on the 5.70 bios but these bios are for ryzen pinnacle cpu users.

Thanks in Advance.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 3:37pm
Don't update your BIOS unless you either have a problem or you need support for
a new CPU generation. On my 1600x system I updated to every single BIOS version
as they came out and none of them significantly impacted performance or
overclocking results. The only time a BIOS update will provide a significant
performance boost is if there was a bug in the BIOS that hampered performance
on a new generation of CPU. Every time you update your BIOS there is a slight
risk of bricking your board, that risk grows if you don't follow instructions
or have a power outage etc. I update frequently on my test systems so I can
help users on the forums here, my main system has been updated only once since
I built it and only because the update improved memory support and allowed me
to run my RAM at it's rated speed.
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Don't update your BIOS unless you either have a problem or you need support for
a new CPU generation. On my 1600x system I updated to every single BIOS version
as they came out and none of them significantly impacted performance or
overclocking results. The only time a BIOS update will provide a significant
performance boost is if there was a bug in the BIOS that hampered performance
on a new generation of CPU. Every time you update your BIOS there is a slight
risk of bricking your board, that risk grows if you don't follow instructions
or have a power outage etc. I update frequently on my test systems so I can
help users on the forums here, my main system has been updated only once since
I built it and only because the update improved memory support and allowed me
to run my RAM at it's rated speed.

Oh I see, by the way Xaltar, I tried the enthusiasm bios for my motherboard which is 4.83 but Why does Asrock at least on my model b350 fatality k4 gaming, is not giving me an option GEN PCIE 3 mode for the promontory switch and the x16 switch mode?

All I see is the GEN 1, Gen 2, and my EVGA GTX 1060 should be able to run at GEN 3

here the image.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:59am
This is a switch to reduce the PCIe gen down to 2 or 1.
On AUTO Gen3 will be selected, if the card supports that.
If the card will not use Gen3 on AUTO, there is something wrong.

The latest bios for a board with a Ryzen 5 1600 is with "Update AMD AGESA to 1.0.0.6", the final AGESA both for Gen1 and Gen2 CPUs (summit ridge and pinnacle ridge).
That should be bios version 5.40

Anything newer is only for newer CPUs and you would not be able to downgrade once flashed!
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 3:04am
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

This is a switch to reduce the PCIe gen down to 2 or 1.
On AUTO Gen3 will be selected, if the card supports that.
If the card will not use Gen3 on AUTO, there is something wrong.

The latest bios for a board with a Ryzen 5 1600 is with "Update AMD AGESA to 1.0.0.6", the final AGESA both for Gen1 and Gen2 CPUs (summit ridge and pinnacle ridge).
That should be bios version 5.40

Anything newer is only for newer CPUs and you would not be able to downgrade once flashed!

So are you telling me that the auto options mean GEN 3? why isn't a gen 1-2-3, and then Auto?

That's weird and yes this GTX 1060 supports Gen 3. but my mobo is only showing Auto +gen 1/2 for the Pcie switch.

Do i need to upgrade to 5.40? though the beta 4.83 had that options already.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 5:43am
Contact Asrock support for all these bios related questions.
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:19pm

Contact Asrock support for all these bios related questions.

Is funny because they seem not to care about their clients, cause I needed to rma my faulty motherboard and they ignored me (also happened with questions to this motherboard features/bios they like refusing to help or ignoring me. In fact I contacted a guy from Asrock China department and even him , he tried the best for helping me, and I ended up in the same situation. (But gotta recognize that, that guy was the best person from this Asrock industry, etc,etc

But yeah this taught me to   next time not buy any product from Asrock, in the future, and nor recommending it.

Cheers and I apologies for my poor grammar.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 5:54am
Originally posted by x58haze x58haze wrote:

So are you telling me that the auto options mean GEN 3? why isn't a gen 1-2-3, and then Auto?

The Asrock developer obviously decided to use that scheme because of the redudancy of AUTO == GEN3, without the possibility to lock to GEN3 (and nothing else).
At least, Asrock should document that in the bios help section for these items.

Under test:
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 8:35am

Originally posted by x58haze x58haze wrote:

The Asrock developer obviously decided to use that scheme because of the redudancy of AUTO == GEN3, without the possibility to lock to GEN3 (and nothing else).
At least, Asrock should document that in the bios help section for these items.

I can confirm that AUTO= means Gen3 i confirmed with the Nvidia control panel system info: is running at X16 PCIE GeN 3.

By the way, why Asrock didn't include the spread spectrum for CPU summit ridge? there is not spread spectrum , and the only way to get the spread spectrum is with the bios 5.70+ which is for different cpu.

I can tell cause i went to the 5.70 which still working for summit ridge but no as great, and i had to downgrade back to 4.83 using a interesting method.

But yeah this is so pity :/
Wish they can add more features for cpu summit ridge for b350 sockets in Asrock, as Msi did, and gygabyte.
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 8:39am
Cause when running In depth latency (by the software latency moon) And by performing the test (Tigh loop latency test at High LEVEL IRQ (measure smis and cpu)

I get like 150 US latency and the computer freezed using the ryzen 5 1600 6/12 threads (freezes with 150us in all processors) the only way to mitigate this, is by disabling SMT and running 6cores, this happen in all Asrock b350 bios (Except the 5.70) <-- here if i disable spread spectrum, i can run the 12 cores with not 150us latency.

And in the rest of bios 5.40, 3.30, etc,etc the only way to have 0 US, in the In depth test latency is by disable SMT, and running 6 cores.

Which is so unfair u.u

Sorry for my poor grammar.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic