ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X +EXTREME 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinluc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A88X +EXTREME 4
    Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 7:39pm
Hi Guys, been at this for time.  New machine for a friend for Christmas.

AMD FM2 7870 with 4CPU 8GPU cores
R9 380 xfx ddr5 graphics card
16gb 1833 fury DDR3 ram
All default values as Mobo came out of box.
Upgraded Bios to latest as note in box suggested.

Having issues on windows 7 with the following:
1. USB not recognised message constantly coming up after loading both the ASrock drivers and the xfx and the latest catalyst drives from xfx and AMD websites. 
Get unknown device in device manager.
2. I know the R7 onboard graphics is slower than the R9 I have bought (I had a finite amount of money to spend so bought the fastest I could with what I had).
But have I wrongly assumed that crossfire would work without any cabling, I would assume again that this would be handled through the PCIE interface as the R7 (or whichever is plugged into monitor shows as no resources available) shows as not working working i.e. exclamation mark, and that the onboard R7 would work with my R9 albeit a little slower on the memory side. DDR5 to DDR3 1833 same as shared memory and do I have to have the same 2GB allocated on board as the add in card?

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

Edited by kelvinluc - 20 Nov 2015 at 7:40pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 8:19pm
You can't use an R9 380 in dual graphics mode with an APU, the highest GPU you can use for dual graphics is an R7 250. Crossfire is the use of 2 identical GPUs where dual graphics is pairing the iGPU from the APU with a discrete GPU of similar specification. The R9 380 will be infinitely faster than dual graphics with an R7 250 though so you have nothing to worry about.

Check the hardware ID of the unknown device and search it in google to be sure it is USB.

Edited by Xaltar - 20 Nov 2015 at 8:20pm
kelvinluc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinluc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 8:53pm
R9 with R7,  Thanks for confirming.  I'll disable in the BIOS and gain back that extra memory.
As far as the USB is concerned.  just got a garbled stop message which I first thought was another language, this is after ive done windows updates.  Might try windows 10 ;(.

kelvinluc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinluc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 12:51am
Hi Xaltar,

I looked at the device id and managed to get properties of it in device manager.  It keeps going off and back on.

Error pops up
USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED

Properties show
device type: Universal serial bus controller
Manufacturer: (standard usb host)

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code43)

Will google as you suggest but would think this is driver related or possible hardware problem.

regards

Kelv
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 1:58am
Here are some troubleshooting tips to help determine if it is a hardware of driver fault. More often than not it is simply a corrupt or incompatible driver.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 5:13am
Either post your Hardware ID here or search for it using your fav search engine.

How to discover the Hardware ID:
Right click on the offending device
choose Properties
click the Details tab
under Property click to open the drop-down and select Hardware Ids
right click anywhere in the Value box and choose Select All
right click and select Copy

You now have the offending devices ids to paste into a text file and save it.

Either paste them here for us to help you with or use them to search yourself.

The Hardware Ids will tell us what the specific device is. Note, some times there's a Manufacturer listed in the pull down.
kelvinluc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinluc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 12:17am
Hi Guys,

Done all the above.  still getting the error.

Ebuyer have said to send back and let them test.

Thanks anyway guys

Kelv
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 10:14am
Originally posted by kelvinluc kelvinluc wrote:

Ebuyer have said to send back and let them test.

And ....... ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic