ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Extreme4 + Thunderbolt 3 AIC problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doblor92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z390 Extreme4 + Thunderbolt 3 AIC problem
    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 2:36am
Hello guys!

I've just built a PC for music production, hoping that the Thunderbolt 3 AIC card will enable me to seamlessly connect my Universal Audio Apollo x6 audio interface.

I carefully selected all the parts, and made extra sure that they're compatible, however, after installing every driver & software, I'm still seeing hiccups with the Thunderbolt 3 compatibility. I can't have this in my workflow...
The device is visible in the Thunderbolt 3 device list in Windows 10, but it's not working properly. I tried it on another laptop with built-in TB3, and it works perfectly, so the device / cable is not an issue.

Here are my specs:
Motherboard : AsRock Z390 Extreme4
CPU: Intel i9-9900K
Extension card: AsRock Thunderbolt 3 AIC rev1.0 (contacted support, and the only difference between rev 1.0 and rev 2.0 is that the second generation has some cables running in the inside of the case. No other differences)
BIOS: P4.10

Any special BIOS settings that I should have a look at? I obviously enabled the Discrete Thunderbolt Support, but I left the other settings unchanged, cause I talked with a person on the AsRock Support line, and they clearly said that the no other setting should be touched.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic