ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

I5 z390 memory in wrong slots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote villanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I5 z390 memory in wrong slots
    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 12:47am
Hi guys,

I recently paid to have a new motherboard,cpu and ram in my sons pc.

The memory was Corsair Vengeance Lpx 3200mhz and after trying to apply the xmp 2.0 profile and the pc failing to boot I discovered the shop had placed it into the incorrect ports for xmp.

The memory should be in A2 and B2 and it's in A1 and B1.

Now obviously they should have it back and put it in the correct ports .

They also charged me more because when I choose parts for all our pc upgrades I always use Noctua coolers they said they are much harder to fit.

Everything else with the build is fine the cpu is running at about 30 degrees acording to speccy,I am correct temps are always higher in the Bios due to the cpu being at full speed all the time?

The cpu Bios temp is about 39,what I'd like to know is I can't get it back into the shop until next week,also I should say it's 16gb @ 2133mhz atm.

Even though it's their mistake is the jump in performance between 16gb at 2133 to 3200mhz enough to warrant taking it back again?

I know they should have done it correctly but if the performance gain is going to be marginal I'd probably not bother,or is a noticeable improvement?

If it helps any the Gpu is a Gtx 980ti.

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic