ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

odd usb behavior x570M Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rg500g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rg500g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: odd usb behavior x570M Pro4
    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 1:12pm
To start off, I have been getting the USB power surge error in Windows 10, and turned off all Windows Explorer notices to shut it up.

It would seem that not all USB ports in the IO shield are functioning. I bought a USB tester and it shows 5v on all ports, but the two under the PS2 keyboard port won't support a mouse or keyboard (very basic USB optical Dell mouse and HP keyboard), nor will the two USB ports under the LAN jack. The front panel ports run from USB 2.0 and 3.0 headers all work fine. CPU is Ryzen 5 3600X, 32 GB 2400 memory, two sticks.

I'm wondering if I'm missing a USB driver. AMD chipset drivers version 1.11.22.454 downloaded from AMD site for the chipset are installed as well as AMD all in one drivers on the motherboard's support CD, 19.10.16. Windows 10 up to date.

If I have to I'll yank out the board and replace it under warranty, as it is not yet three weeks old. I'd like to hear what else I may be able to do from a diagnostic perspective to better understand root cause, if such can be done at all. At the least, I'd like to hear if all USB ports should be able to support a mouse and keyboard, both of which are USB 2.0 devices by their jack color. If all ports in the IO shield should support a mouse and keyboard, and there is no BIOS setting to worry about, then I may have to replace the board after all, but I'd really like to exhaust my options before I do so.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic