ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NOISE - Should I  return/warranty my MB(B450 ITX)?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

NOISE - Should I return/warranty my MB(B450 ITX)?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NOISE - Should I return/warranty my MB(B450 ITX)?
    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:39am
Coil whine does not effect performance and is not indicative on an issue. It's just annoying
amnisaduqa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amnisaduqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 11:20pm
So it's rather unlikely that this malfuncion caused ram not to work properly at XMP profile values ???
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 4:32pm
Coil whine is fairly common when resonant frequencies cause the components
inside inductor coils to vibrate. As you noted, altering voltage or frequency
can reduce or increase this whine. It does not indicate sub standard or cheap
parts, more often than not it will be a particular batch of components paired
with particular conditions that cause the issue. Due to the nature of inductor
coils no 2 are ever exactly the same so in all likelihood if you RMA the board
the replacement will not have the issue, particularly if you ask for it to be
replaced with a batch manufactured on a different month.

ASRock has always been very good with RMAing products with coil whine.
Technically they are not obligated to do so, the whine is not technically a
flaw in the product as the board will function fine for it's expected lifespan.
I would return it to the store you purchased it from. Make sure to take note of
the serial number of your current board to ensure they send you a new board not
the same one.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 3:42pm
these noise usually come from the gpu "coilwhine"
amnisaduqa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amnisaduqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 9:46am
When Ram is under load /stress test there is terrible noise coming from the vicinity of Ram sticks - most likely from some capacitors or resistors on Motherboard with loosely made mechanical elements . Noise is similar to old broken mechaanical Hard Drive cracking / buzzing . Since thats quiet HTPC build with singe fan thats   the loudest soud in PC / room .I have some thoughts about whole situation .
1) - Obviously there is some problem with the ram compatibility - I have Patriot vipers 3600mhz 1.35.v supposedly " Ready for Ryzen" , as the box claims.
2) I'm only capable of running these sticks on 1,35v. at 3400Mhz and with slightly lowered CAS latency timing (on latest bios   wich is recomended for Raven Bridge Cpus by Asrock - ver. 3.40)
3) The problem emerges on 1,35 v. - that's suggests   foulty / low quality parts on motherboard . - Also there are no visible problems with power suply / VRMs/MOSFETssince there are no BSODs or other issues with high temperature, OC of CPU ( It's actually   undervolted to keep it nice in 35 wat TDP range)etc.
4)Is that noise is typical issue in ITX Asrock b450 boards ?? Mine is quite new - I could still return it to the seller, but if I buy another foulty unit from Asrock what's the point ???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic