ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slow resume from sleep on Z170 Extreme7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hexiumvii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slow resume from sleep on Z170 Extreme7
    Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 6:05am
I just built a Skylake system with a 6700k, Asrock Z170 Ex7, Corsair DDR4 3000 memory, and Geforce 970. It works great, but resuming from standby takes a very long time, like 8-10 seconds. Nearly the time to do a real bootup. All hardware at stock/default speeds. My last Sandybridge system took 2-3 seconds in Win7 to resume on the same SSD.

I tried clean installs of both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 -1511 and suffer similar issues. Resuming from standby either the keyboard/mouse doesn't respond for 5-8 seconds and then I can enter a password, or I can enter a password and I get the loading ring for 5-8 seconds. The time is always consistent. It is the same whether I have programs installed, or a clean system.

Tried Windows provided drivers and Asrock provided motherboard drivers. Geforce drivers I used 359 and older 350.12 that didn't change anything. Updated UEFI to 2.00 and 2.10 with no change.

Tried clean installs on Samsung 830 and Crucial M500 SSDs. Turned off hybrid sleep and hibernation didn't help.

Tried almost everything and only thing left is maybe trying another board or try a Radeon. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Edited by hexiumvii - 23 Nov 2015 at 6:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic