ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini A300 M.2 WiFi Card + Warranty Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TakiyaGenji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeskMini A300 M.2 WiFi Card + Warranty Problem
    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 10:46pm

Specs:
Processor: Ryzen??5 3400G
RAM : KVR26S19S6/4 x 2
SSD : WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD 500GB
Cooler : Noctua - NH-L9A AM4
Barebone : Deskmini A300
M.2 Wireless Network Card : Intel AX200 NGW (Suspect)
Picture of the Wireless Card:

I chose this card by your confirmation of compatibility:
Forum link : http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12158&title=wifi-adapter-for-deskmini-a300

Pic : https://i.imgur.com/zFRUuYp.jpg

So, I've made this PC for a customer of mine 2 days ago (I'm providing a home service). Installed everything, and worked properly for a while. Then the guy called me even before 24 hours passed yet. He said the PC suddenly turned off while he's using it.

I asked for symptoms, he said :
1.Monitor Showing "No Video Input" (Several displays tested)
2.Mouse & Keyboard LEDs are off.
3.Case Indicator LEDs are OFF.
4.Noctua's fan is still spinning.

I took the PC from the guy, tested it to no avail and bring them to the shop which showed me the way to your distributor.

The Service guy removed everything from the motherboard, and plug parts one by one. Until the Wireless Card is left everything seems fine. When he plugged the Wireless Card and turn the PC on, a smoke appeared. So he replaced the motherboard, plugged everything (Except the Wireless Card), and pushed the Wireless Card back to me.

I thought that's the end of my problem. Until he said that they (Your Distributor in my Country) tell me not to plug any M.2 Wireless card, OR THEY WON'T take any WARRANTY claim from me anymore.

So, I'm here to ask you 2 Questions:
1.Is it true that AX200NGW is compatible with DeskMini A300 (I choose it based on your answer)?
2.Does what they say is true (About the no more warranty claim if i plugged ANY M.2 WIFI Module)? If that's true, then I'm paying for a motherboard with "Forbidden To Use" M.2 WiFi Slot or the warranty is gone.

And FYI, they don't even sell the ASRock DeskMini WiFi Kit like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-Wi-Fi-DeskMini-Chassis-Antennas/dp/B07PDTNSYS

My customer is mad at me when i told him that he must use alternative methods to use WiFi (Ex.USB Wireless Dongle) and won't pay for it. So, i'm seriously in need of help over here. I'm in a total pinch. Can't even refund the PC.

NP:I'm sorry if my english is bad, it's not my main language (I'm from Indonesia). Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic