ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying CPU for MB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AivisLV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying CPU for MB
    Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:25am
So i want to buy a CPU from friend and i am still using Asrock 775dual-vsta (i know old...) and it have BIOS P1.80 and all what i want to know do Core 2 Duo E6700 run on P1.80 BIOS and what heat it will generate with Celeron D 331 stock cooler and 2 case coolers(i can buy many cheap coolers at Ebay:D)?
Asrock 775dual-vsta is intel LGA775 Socket.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:10am
The E6700 has been supported on that board since BIOS P1.40 according to your board's CPU support list

As for the cooler I would not recommend using a celeron cooler on the E6700, however, the celeron you mentioned is a prescott based CPU which notoriously ran hot whereas the Conroe E6700 should run cooler. Looking up the TDP of both CPUs we see that the celeron is an 84w TDP part and the E6700 is a 65w TDP part. So what I am saying is that it will work and will not likely damage the CPU via overheating but it is not an ideal solution. You would be better served installing a cheap aftermarket cooler or, if budget is a major factor, a core 2 Quad cooler which you can pick up on Ebay for next to nothing these days.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 2:26am
Ewww, Prescott = Foot Warmer.

I had a couple of those meanies.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 2:29am
Do not use the stock cooler. Believe me when I say that. It is woefully inadequate.
AivisLV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AivisLV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 2:31am
I can add phew coolers to case.. But even then it will burn?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 2:54am
My comments were directed solely towards the Prescott chips, not the Conroe you have.

Follow Xaltars advice and you'll be fine.

Sorry for interjecting myself here.
AivisLV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AivisLV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 3:03am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

My comments were directed solely towards the Prescott chips, not the Conroe you have.

Follow Xaltars advice and you'll be fine.

Sorry for interjecting myself here.
<div ng-non-bindable="" style="width:0;height:0;visibility:;opacity:0;:;">< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">

Nah. That's cool:D i even laughted 8D
AivisLV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AivisLV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 3:07am
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1336548364.html    i faund this little fella who can help me..this will help me cool on optimal level E6700?
AivisLV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AivisLV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 4:30am
I saw E6600 who was cheaper.. Who is better on virtual machines? E6700 or E6600? And both them compare to Celeron D 331?
AivisLV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AivisLV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 4:32am
AivisLV I saw E6600 who was cheaper.. Who is better on virtual machines? E6700 or E6600? And both them compare to Celeron D 331? And heat?

Edited by AivisLV - 24 Nov 2015 at 4:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic