ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dual Booting Win / ubuntu UEFI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobacci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual Booting Win / ubuntu UEFI
    Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 5:22am
Hi all
I have an AsRock B75M-GL R2 on which I am running Win 10 in UEFI mode without any problems. Win 10 is installed on the first 128Gb of a 256Gb SSD. 128Gb of the SSD is unallocated space.

Now I have had a go at installing ubuntu 14.04 on the 128Gb unallocated space on my System SSD. I booted the ubuntu installation stick form the boot menu in UEFI mode. ubuntu installed fine and rebooted fine, showing the ubuntu boot menu. As long as I rebooted into ubuntu, everything was fine. Then I rebooted into Win 10 (from the ubuntu boot menu). Win 10 booted fine and on the next reboot, the PC booted directly into Win 10. No more boot menu.

Hitting f11 at boot brings up the ASRock boot menu, with entries for all the drives and windows boot managere, but no entry for ubuntu. On all my other PCs where I have similar dual boot configurations, the UEFI boot menu shows 2 OS entries, one for windows and one for ubuntu.

I have reinstalled ubuntu again, and the outcome was exactly the same. 
Am I missing anything here?
Thanks a lot for any help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic