ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 Pin Fan speed Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xypherus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 Pin Fan speed Control
    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 6:58am
I just recently picked up a B450M motherboard, and for the most part, it functions but I am unable to control the speed of my 3 Pin Case Fan. While the CPU fan control speed seems to be functioning, my case fan seems to be locked at around 1300 RPM. I have the case fan plugged into the 4 Pin connector, CHA_FAN1, but I've also tried CHA_FAN2 and was unable to control the fan there.

I'm fairly certain this is a repeat question, but I've been unable to resolve the issue with the other threads on the subject, as the UEFI doesn't seem to have any option to switch the fan control to DC fan control.

Am I missing something or am I unable to control the speed of that particular fan? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Xypherus
alander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 12:15pm
I'm on a B450 Pro4 full size board and it automatically detects if it is a 3 or 4 pin, but I think there was also the option to choose. It sounds like that feature is not available for your board.
rb23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 3:02pm
I have the same board and it doesn't look like there's 3 pin fan control. I don't even care about variable voltages - I'm ok with 100% on and off at a certain temperature but I don't think that is even possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic