ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help connecting Asrock Radeon RX VEGA 56 8GB HBM2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help connecting Asrock Radeon RX VEGA 56 8GB HBM2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpaz90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help connecting Asrock Radeon RX VEGA 56 8GB HBM2
    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:52am
Hello forum and thanks in advance for trying to help me.

I just bought a Asrock Radeon RX VEGA 56 8GB HBM2 Phantom Gaming video card, but my power supply is a Cooler Master Silent Pro M700.

It is a modular power supply that has two Pci express 6 pin slots outgoing, and the video card needs an input of two 8 pin cables.

I've been going mad reading stuff in both manuals, but can't piece it together.

This is what the power supply user manual shows:
https://imgur.com/a/9b96BwB

And all I could find in the Asrock web pages was that the card has 2 x 8-pin connectors (which I alredy know) and that the recommended PSU is 650W.

But I don't understand a lot about voltages and pc wiring, can someone please tell me how to connect it? My gut tells me to buy 2 cables with a 6 pin to 8 pin conversion, and plug both 6 pin ends in my PSU and the other two 8 pin ends to the video card, but I don't know if this will overpower the card and might fry it, or perhaps that's exactly what must be done.

Can someone please help me? I'm sort of desperate.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 2:52pm
Dear Jpaz90,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, please connect your PCI-e 6 Pin to power supply and connect PCI-e 6+2(8) Pin to the VEGA 56.

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
jpaz90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpaz90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 8:56pm
Thanks a lot!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic