ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Networking Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Network Share/ SMB cannot be accessed anymore

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vyrgozunqk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Network Share/ SMB cannot be accessed anymore
    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:55pm
Hello guys,

I bought this awesome router some time ago, however the network file sharing feature uses the deprecated CIFS protocol instead of SMB2.0/3.0.
This makes it unusable under Windows10/ MacOS above Sierra and Linux distributions newer than 2017.

The only way to access the files on the hard drive connected to the router is through the Asrock application on the phone. Or through some very old Java based file manager which I have found by chance.(the transfer speed with it is very slow, though)

Can I ask for one last update with updated Samba ? Or has anyone found a way to workaround this ?
vyrgozunqk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vyrgozunqk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 9:40pm
Actually it worked out after changing the user/pass from guest/guest to something else. I think using guest/guest leads to a conflict with the built-in guest account. However strangely this happend only with some clients that did not supported the legacy CIFS standard.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic