ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X570 Taichi - Not booting properly / Bios resets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi - Not booting properly / Bios resets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miller2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Taichi - Not booting properly / Bios resets
    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 10:49pm
Hi all

Motherboard: Taichi X570
CPU: 3800X
Memory: F4-3600C16D-16GTZR

At first start of the computer, first time per day, I dont get a proper boot. The fans spin up to max and stay there a while. Then it spinns down and gets further in the boot process (but still no display signal) and then restarts again and spinns the fans up. It does this for a minute or so and then boots properly. Then I see it has reset the bios.

The only thing I have changed in Bios is setting memory profile to XMP to achieve 3600 Mhz. The times it boots correctly everything works fine and can e.g. play games for hours.

Could this be because of the memory profile? Any known issues with these memories or this frequency?
Trasanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trasanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 12:24am
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12235&PN=1&title=x570-phantom-gamingitx-bios-keeps-resetting

it is almost certain that the new bios with agesa 1.0.0.4 are creating these boot problems.
follow the discussion I linked to you, we are testing.
what is the version of your bios?
Miller2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miller2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 2:42am
Trasana, thanks for your reply.

I actually saw this thread before posting mine. However, I see differences. I dont have this problem all the time. It seems like it only gets stuck and resets the bios when starting up the computer "sometimes".

I dont have the consistency that the others do. I will post a question there and see if it is the same.

I've got the latest released 2.70 Bios.
Trasanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trasanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 3:07am

The dersciption of your issue, is very similar to mine one.
Power on, fan speed, then go down, asrock logo, black screen, then starts again and goes to win10 but with ram and fan tuning resetted. All this happens randomly, not always.

however, if you are testing something that works, publish your results, it would be very useful.
For now I have made a bios downgrade to the penultimate version, the one with agesa 1.0.0.3, and the situation seems to have improved, almost five days without issue
Regards!!!

Miller2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miller2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 3:15am
Very good. Thanks for your response.

I am out of ideas and probably wont be testing anything until I hear from Asrock. I emailed them today. I was thinking to take out one of the RAM's and fault tracing, but I guess this really is on the motherboard side.
Synapse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synapse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:07am
It's sounds like it attempts memory training at 3600, which is I believe 3 reboot cycles by default, and when the memory training fails, it resets it to JEDEC spec (2400 or 2667) and boots with that.
Running memory overclocked depends not only on the sticks (the XMP rating), but also on the memory controller in the CPU, and few voltage settings besides the RAM voltage that gets applied with XMP (VDDP, for example). So just selecting XMP in UEFI might not be enough to get a stable overclock. It also depends on how many sticks and memory ranks you have. Having 2 single rank sticks allows better overclocks because it's easier for the memory controller to manage, adding more ranks and sticks tends to drive stable clocks down and timings up.
worcom1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worcom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 4:42pm
I also had this problem with Asrock X570 Steel Legend WiFi Motherboard, with
Ryzen 7 3800x and G. Skill Trident RGB F4-3600C16D-16GTZR CL16-16-16-36.
What I found was, that after shutting down at night, then restarting next day
the Computer resets the Bios to defaults, I changed from Bios 2.6 to 3.0
but still the same.
I have found a way to prevent this but then cannot use USB 3.0 port to charge
devices when Computer is off.
The method I use to prevent Bios reset is, when I shutdown, I immediately turn
off the "Power Supply Switch ?œat back of the Computer, next morning I turn on
the ?œPower Supply Switch??followed by the Computer Switch and everything is good, this has worked for 10 days now.
Apart from this problem, the Computer runs great, is running at 3600Mhz.
Qvoliszz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qvoliszz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 1:07am
Hello! Same issue here.
I have an X570 Taichi with a 3800X, with 64 GB of Trident Z Neo (GTZNC) memory.
The problem is with the memory since the 3.xx UEFI upgrade.
I get the error code 14 or 15 (memory related), 3 cycles, then all UEFI settings are reverted to default.

I believe the most stable verion was the 2.7. After upgrading I am receiving multiple BIOS related issues during operation, like access violations, watchdog protocol error, it is getting better with the newer versions.

I am only using XMP profile on the memory, and used the Fan tuning to set the minimal fan speeds.
Djorkaeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djorkaeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 6:19am
I have this problem since very first bios (v2.80). I tried all bioses up to 3.60 and now bios reset due to xmp profiles is very rare but persists. Latest bioses come with an additional issue: suddenly reboot when Windows is idle. Windows system event log reports error WEHA-Logger Event ID 19.
foxx1337 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxx1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:32pm
That's an unstable Infinity Fabric clock or voltage (VDDG IOD) and it has nothing to do with the BIOS version.
Ryzen 3900X, Taichi X570
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic