ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 gaming k4 wont boot after bios update sli

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 gaming k4 wont boot after bios update sli
    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:32am
asrock x370 gaming k4 fails post, wont boot after updating bios with dual channel and sli

in updating from 5.50 to 5.80 bios my motherboard wouldn't pass post it just kept rebooting, i think i had this issue with past bios updates as well.

run minimal setup unplug all your stuff usb, pci i suggest leaving only display, keyboard, mouse, you might be able to get away with leaving some things in.

what seemed the most important is to run 1 stick of memory and 1 video card and to default out the bios from within settings and to set the bios to xmp before going dual channel.

solution

run 1 stick of memory, doesn't seem to matter which slot i would normally suggest lowest number dimm but i couldn't find the labeling

remove second video card.

turn on, let board try 2-3 times before giving you bios options

go into bios, select load uefi defaults, change memory to xmp, save settings and turn off

install additional ram and second video card, power and sli bridge

notes:

i thought i tried pulling out the battery but perhaps it doesn't erase settings or i didnt wait long enough or forgot to unplug power, but they suggest to default within bios which is what worked for me, actually works out better less time and steps.

ryan200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:50am
also make sure to not leave out steps, with 2 sticks of memory it wouldn't boot without xmp, and without defaulting out from bios i couldn't get sli to work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic