ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Pro4 - best bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfollett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Pro4 - best bios
    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:20pm
I just bought a B450M Pro4 motherboard and a Ryzen 2600x cpu and I came to the Asrock website to see if my new motherboard has the latest bios. It does not. It has bios v3.80 and the website shows v3.90 as the latest. In fact v3.80 is not even posted on the website but earlier versions are. There is also a note on the website for versions 3.60 and 3.90 that they are not recommended for older generations of Ryzen cpu's including pinnacle ridge which is my cpu. Should I leave the v3.80 bios I have or update to v3.90 or go back to v3.50 which is the last version posted that didn't have the warning about not being recommended for my cpu.

Thanks,

Bob
kathe34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathe34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 3:59am
I have also opened the same topic few weeks ago. Mine came with 3.60 and i downgraded it to 3.5 still having troubles with vrm sensors. I wonder if they fixed on higher versions. But there is a not that you already mentioned. Im confused. On hw info auxxilary temp is always 90-100c cpu peci is always 40c. Running r5 1600 at 1.175v 3.8ghz it would be perfect to see the temps. If everything is working fine u dont need to update or downgrade the bios i guess.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic