ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having to restart Windows Explorer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Having to restart Windows Explorer
    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 2:44am
Specs in sig ..running 2 24" 1080p monitors
System runs everything great ..except one minor annoyance. When i'm away from my computer for 45min or so .. maybe less .. computer still running but monitors off... move the mouse to get desktop back to showing and icons will be moved back to Primary monitor and background black and start button will not work with left click. I can still right click on start and get options though.

I have to bring up task manager and restart Windows Explorer process and then all is back to normal ..clicking on settings from the start button will be sluggish to respond at first but comes up eventually.

I've google this issue and done the fixes mentioned:
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
after these are done run a chkdsk /f
sfc /scannow

..etc
Updated chipset drivers ..video card drivers . .ran DDU prior
Windows 10 up to date ..I check for updates everyday

Happens with and without VSR setting on/off (I run primary monitor w/VSR and 1440p for gaming)
nothing in event viewer to go off of
no issues running anything ..I play a pretty demanding game called Hunt:Showdown without issue .. video encoding .. browsing with lots of tabs open ..file transfers from drive to drive in my computer or to my FreeNAS box .. everything works great except for this issue.

there were some other "fixes"that I have tried to no avail that I can't remember right now.. last thing to try is a complete fresh Windows install to see if that corrects it ..but trying to see if I can fix it without a reinstall

any idea'rs would be much appreciated
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic