ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Extreme 4+ Suspend to RAM issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 3:14am
Knowing that I'd venture iIt was most likely the +5VSB was lower than it should be.

Anyway, good to hear you have it sorted and running.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
Askannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Askannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 3:38am
Actually after putting in the 530W PSU I figured out that it was not the PSU. Shocked

What makes the difference between working and not working S3 is connecting the S-ATA power connector of the USB 3.1 front panel that comes with the "+" version of the "Z170 Extreme 4". Even if nothing is connected to either of the 2 provided USB ports.

So even with the 400W PSU if this S-ATA power connector is not plugged in STR works. Plug it in and it breaks. Same thing is happening with the 530W. I just didn't notice this before because I only pugged in the essential devices and no the front panel S-ATA power when testing with the 530W. But once I plugged it in the 530W PSU also goes into this stupid endless loop breaking STR.
There is ONE way however to make it all work with the 530W only tho:  I have to connect the USB 3.1 front panel S-ATA to its own cord coming from the PSU. I can't connect anything else to the same cord or it will break again. This workaround only works with the 530W but not with the 400W PSU.

IMHO this is very strange considering that there is no USB device connected to that front panel.
Intel Core i7-6700
ASRock Z170 Extreme 4+
4x8GB G.Skill DDR4 3200
Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W
Samsung 850 EVO 2TB
Fractal Design Define R5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic