ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beebox N3150 - Issues installing Win10 on mSATA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beebox N3150 - Issues installing Win10 on mSATA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BuckoNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckoNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 2:52pm
Hi,

I have purchased an ASRock Beebox N3150. I have replaced the 2GB RAM, which came with the unit with 2x 4GB SODIMMS. I was hoping to get away with the onboard 32GB storage, but this was becoming an issue, so I purcahsed an AData 128gn mSATA drive.

I have a Windows 10 USB Installation drive. I put this into the Beebox and start going through the installation process.

When I go to select the mSATA drive in the list, it won't let me install Windows on this device and showed an error something along the lines of "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information see the setup log files".

Research indicated that Windows 10 hates a pile of partitions and on the existing onboard storage there were about 4 partitions. So I deleted these. The issue persisted.

Follwojng other advise, I dropped into a command prompt and using DiskPart, I selected the drived, cleaned it, created an NTFS partition and set it as the active partition.

This time when I went through the installation process, a new message presented itself:
"Windows can't be installed on Drive 0 Partition 1 (Clcik here for more information)"

When you click on the More Information, I get a message saying Windows can't be installed onto my selected location and provided the error code: 0x80300001

Apparently this error code often shows when the Windows 10 USB Installation drive does have the right drivers for your device.

When I go to the ASRock website there are INF drivers, but they are a Windows executable - the raw files aren't there.

Where too from here!?!?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic