ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x99 ws-e show problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisterice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x99 ws-e show problem
    Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 3:20pm
Hello, i've my new motherboard X99 WS-E.... it starts badly Ermm
yesterday after receiving all the parts to assemble the pc, I found that does not run properly Wacko
i've assembled this motherboard Asorck x99 ws-e with cpu and fan cooler Noctua, video card pny nvidia k2200, 32 (4x8) dominator ram, and one only samsung 850 evo ssd (just to test) and chassis fan default installed on Corsair Carbide Air 540 (it's very a good case).
I try to push the power on button...seems to be run because the power is on, but after few seconds, everything seems to be frozen in a sort of stand-by....doctor debug (a dispaly on motherboard used to check issues with hardware) is off and not appears any code....the chassis fan, the cpu fan and the power supply seems to work, but for the rest there is no other sign of life. I've tried also to unplug the video card and put only two ram modules (instead of 4)...but nothing to do, no sign of life, no changes...i'm sure to put the ram in the right place (A1, B1, C1, D1) for quad-channel...so in other words where the socket is black...i've also to put only 2 ram modules (just to understand if the ram are ok or not and test the dual-channel)...nothing to do...no other changes. What's wrong? do you think that motherboard is defective? or cpu intel xeon e5-2620 v3? or both?...however Amazon is ready to change with a new one.
Thank for all you suggestions,
Luca
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 4:15pm
I have to ask as it happens here more than I'd imagine.

Have you plugged in the 8-pin CPU Power on the MB from the PSU? It is directly next to the right side memory slots along the top of the board.

It will behave exactly as you describe without this CPU power connected.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 4:18pm
And if you have .........

NM, please list out your hardware specs with model #'s if that 8-pin WAS connected and still behaving this way.

Knowing those helps us help you.
twisterice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisterice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 5:25pm
Hello,
if you mean the 8-pin atx 12v power connector (atx12v1), i've not used because i've only connected the main atx power to psu (atxpwr1). The psu is Corsair AX1200i.
So i've to connect alsto the atx power connector indicated in the manual in the description at no.3 (also described at page 30 on the manual) directly to the psu?

So if yes, as i've not connected but powered on... the motherboard should not be damaged.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisterice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 5:33pm
Ok the hardware assembled is:

Cpu Intel Xeon E5-2620 v3  - 2.4ghz
Motherboard AsRock x99 ws-e part no. 90-mxgw30-a0uayz
Video card PNY Nvidia Quadro k2200 4gb pci-e x16
Psu Corsair AX1200i
Storage no.4 SSD Samsung Evo 850 - 500gb
Ram Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2666mhz mod. cmd32gx4m4a2666c15 (4x8=32)
installed in four-channel mode (installed on the black socket...a1, b1 c1, d1)
Cpu fan Noctua NH-D15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisterice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 6:02pm
ok after having installed correctly the cpu power cable, now the motherboard starts but dr.debug show an issue....06 or 60 code....i read code 60 watching the motherboard with reading the words asrock.

looking to the error codes it show this:
01 - 54 (except 0d), 5A- 60Problem related to memory. Please re-install the CPU and memory then clear CMOS. If the problem still exists, please install only one memory module or try using other memory modules.

cpu is installed correctly.....the ram module are instelled in four-channel mode as described in the manual (installed in the black socket)

well, as indicated i try to clear cmos and start again....
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 6:35pm
Sorry. Went shopping.

How's hings going there now that you got the 8-pin Power connected, and cleared the cmos?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisterice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 7:17pm
ok now is good...it was a power cable defective...now all starts correctly and now i see the bios....all parameters seems to be ok...cpu and ram....i've just enable intel vt-x and wake up on lan...restart and see the right changes on the bios...and now seems to be ok :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisterice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 7:18pm
Thank you for all your support Smile
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 7:25pm
That makes ya feel better, huh .......

Glad to hear you got it running. Enjoy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic