ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac BIOS Release Notes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CommonCold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac BIOS Release Notes
    Posted: 03 May 2020 at 11:23pm
Hi,

I have a Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac mobo with an i5 8600k and I'm considering upgrading to an i9 9900k(P0). I'm currently using BIOS 3.20 (which should be compatible with the 9900k(P0)) and wanted to know if there were any release notes available for the different BIOS versions. The BIOS page (https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z370%20Gaming-ITXac/#BIOS) gives a vague description of each version but no details about whats changed.

I remember upgrading from 1.10 - 3.20 and getting access to additional settings like VRM frequency but this was only found by going through the menus as there was no documentation (the latest user manual still doesn't show all of the options). In addition, are the voltage settings (including LLC) the same across BIOS versions? In other words, if I use the same OC settings for 3.20 & 4.30 will I get the same results (Stability, Performance, VR VOUT, Temps)?

Also, the max power limit (PL1 & PL2) for 3.20 is only 200w. Is this cap increased on later versions? The i9 9900k can consume more than this when OC'd. I noticed that the Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac doesn't have the 200w cap even though the VRM design is very similar.

Any help is appreciated
CommonCold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CommonCold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 11:25am
Any techs have info on the BIOS versions for this board?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CommonCold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 9:06pm
Its been almost 2 weeks without a response. I will keep bumping this thread until @ASROCK_TSD provides feedback.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CommonCold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 10:58am
bump
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic