ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 phantom gaming 4 boot led

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kikiriki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kikiriki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 phantom gaming 4 boot led
    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 6:59pm
Replying to myself.

Tested CPU on another motherboard. Also doesnt work.

Tested another CPU on this motherboard and it works.

Verdict, CPU died, will be returned. Defective I guess...
kikiriki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kikiriki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 6:53pm
Have the same issue. Recieved the motherboard + AMD Ryzen 5 1600. I have one stick of 32GB RAM.

When I hooked up everything the computer worked for several hours. I installed Ubuntu 20.04 normally, everything worked. After returning to the PC several hours later the display was blank. Upon several resets I checked the MB and found this red BOOT led.

I sent a request to the seller, I will probably have to return this MB + CPU. But I hate going through this hassle if it can maybe me solved another way.

Attempted so far:
- removed all hard drives
- tried with another PSU
- switched RAM to different slot
- tried another 4GB DDR4 ram stick in multiple slots from another computer
- tried removing the cmos battery for 30 minutes
- tried re-seating the CPU - upon removing the heatsink I can say that the thermal paste was perfectly applied the first time

Any other ideas maybe?

And I am really curious what could have caused this. To have everything work perfectly and then just dies. Maybe something overheated and permanently damaged the CPU or MB? But why a BOOT LED, why not a CPU LED. So strange...
cazzz18710 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cazzz18710 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 11:25pm
Had the same problem, first I got a blue screen of death, rebooted, worked fine for a couple seconds, then PC locked up. Rebooted again and that Boot light came on, Tried resetting cmos, changing mem slots checked all plugs and connections. nothing fixed it. A few weeks ago I upgraded the Junk HP memory that came with the PC to Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16 GB 3200 MHz. Worked fine until today. after trying all kinds of stuff I swapped back to the 16GB HP memory and it booted up just fine.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:32am
Very frustrating I know .. but I'm glad it's working for you now
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
ksac62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksac62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 8:29am
I realize this is really late but I just "solved" it. At first I replaced the motherboard but there was no change. I then sent the cpu back to AMD for an RMA. It just got back to me now and the pc is working.
losmi-bb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote losmi-bb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 7:41am
Hey,

The same thing literally happened to me on that board with 3600x. Did you figure it out?
ksac62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksac62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 1:30am
Going to try and rebuild outside the case to make sure nothing is shorting. If not I have the replacement plan on the motherboard so I can get it replaced.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 1:19am
THERE GOES YOUR CHEAP FIX.........

try basics
unplug ALL hard drives
use 1 stick of ram in slot a2
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ksac62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksac62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 11:05pm
Just tried. No change, boot error light is still on.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 9:49pm
ok reset the pc

remove power plug from wall socket
open pc case and remove the small coin sized cmos battery from mother board
press and hold the pc case power button for 30 secs
refit the coin battery
plug back into the wall
try booting the pc now
remember this first boot after a reset may take 2-5 mins so just go make a cuppa
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic