ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP B450M-HDV NO SOUND

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johng87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP B450M-HDV NO SOUND
    Posted: 19 May 2020 at 5:31am
ryzen 2600
b450m-hdv
gtx1660super

I restarted my computer and now i have no sound.

Steps I've taken.

Reinstalled the audio driver from their website multiple times.
Looked for an update automatically for the audio driver in device manager.
Uninstalled and restarted the computer to have it auto install the audio driver.
Reset my bios to default.
Disable and enable my onboard sound in bios.
The sound is playing because i can' see it move when viewing the playback but no output sound is heard.
When i load my computer and it reaches the windows load screen you can hear a clack clack and(like the audio is connected/loaded through windows) and a very light hum/buzzing noise begin that was not originally there before through my speakers. That's all i hear even after windows is loaded and i uninstall the audio driver.
When i disable the audio in bios the 'clack clack/buzzing' sound doesn't show up anymore when loading windows.

Any chance my mb onboard sound is blown?

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide.
MarkJohnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkJohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:56am
The last time I had this issue was caused by my video card taking priority. All I did was click the Speaker icon down in the lower right, by the clock, and select the proper audio device in the drop down list.
Intel i9-9900KF
ASRock Fatality B360 Gaming K4
16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666 Mhz
Evga GTX 1650 4GB
Corsair 850 Watt RM850 PSU
Cooler Master MasterBox NR600P
512GB Micron 2300 NVMe
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:59am
hes right

it may be the windows update or something has reassigned the device priority

check it says realtek in the device setting and not nvidia/monitor speakers or something
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
johng87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johng87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:38am
Originally posted by MarkJohnson MarkJohnson wrote:

The last time I had this issue was caused by my video card taking priority. All I did was click the Speaker icon down in the lower right, by the clock, and select the proper audio device in the drop down list.

hey, it shows 'Speakers (realtek High Definition Audio)'.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks
DieKadse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DieKadse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:09am
Same problem like others in this thread:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5854&PN=2&title=no-sound-from-rear-port-or-front-port

i think its bios related.
Only solution for me was an usb soundcard.
Chinton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chinton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:13am
Hey, happened exactly the same to my A320M-HDV, had a real struggle with it and tried everything at my reach to try to solve this.

I was like 2 weeks searching around internet and youtube for a solution, reinstalled a lot of different drivers (the Realtek ones, the ones of the MB, windows update, etc). I was driven to the idea that this was a problem of compatibility/drivers since, like you, the speakers/headphones showed activity but no sound at all, just a really stubborn buzz.

In the end I surrendered and sent it to technical support, where they couldn't solve the issue and just let me change the MB, never buing asrock again since it gave me many problems, I may be biased but preferred to save myself future issues and i just bought a more expensive one.

Hope this helps, my advice to you is to send it to tech support, since I bet you tried everything at your reach like me.
Regards,
M.
johng87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johng87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Chinton Chinton wrote:

Hey, happened exactly the same to my A320M-HDV, had a real struggle with it and tried everything at my reach to try to solve this.

I was like 2 weeks searching around internet and youtube for a solution, reinstalled a lot of different drivers (the Realtek ones, the ones of the MB, windows update, etc). I was driven to the idea that this was a problem of compatibility/drivers since, like you, the speakers/headphones showed activity but no sound at all, just a really stubborn buzz.

In the end I surrendered and sent it to technical support, where they couldn't solve the issue and just let me change the MB, never buing asrock again since it gave me many problems, I may be biased but preferred to save myself future issues and i just bought a more expensive one.

Hope this helps, my advice to you is to send it to tech support, since I bet you tried everything at your reach like me.
Regards,
M.

haha indeed, i did try everything. I ended up buying a usb jack from amazon for the time being until i get a reply from asrock support. It's so hard to use the computer without sound lol.

Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic