ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PCIE wifi card in B450m PRO4-F

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCIE wifi card in B450m PRO4-F
    Posted: 28 May 2020 at 1:55am
Hi,
I just bought a Wifi and bluetooth PCIE card for my build, but it doesnt do anything. So either it is DOA, or there is some setting wrong, because i saw reviews on amazone i think were people had the same build as i have and were using it with no problems. Can anyone help me out?

The card:
[URL=https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GC-WBAX200-rev-10#kf]GC-WBAX200[/URL] it needs a PCIE2 x1 slot

I have already done:
- updated the AMD chipset
- i have the latest UEFI
- i have inserted it multiple times in the PCIEx1 slot
- inserted it in the PCIEx16 slot
- checked the UEFI for chipset/ PCIE settings (i just cannot find these settings. i saw someone on youtube showing chipset options in the UEFI, but i do not have this option, although i have the latest bios version)
- installed the drivers through the cd, and installed the drivers from the support site of the card
- used the intel driver & support assistent
- checked the device manager (the card is just not showing here)
- tried with and without the usb cable connected from the f_usb slot in the card to a usb2 slot on the mobo (it should be working with using the usb2 port, and it is only for the bluetooth support anyways)

my build:
- B450M PRO4-F
- Ryzen 5 3600X
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- need more info?

Many, many thanks in advance!!
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 10:56pm
is this slot disabled when you plug in a sata drive or are you using the 2nd nvme/m2 slot ?

some combinations disable a pcie slot when used
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
TSL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 12:15am
Hi, thanks for your reaction!
yes i am aware that this could be the case, but if i understood the manual correctly, this should not be the case for the PCIEx1 slot. And i am not using the M2 slot. However i am not able to test this, as i dont have another PCIE card to test the functionality of this PCIEx1 slot.
TSL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:28pm
OMG!! I went back to the shop, and it turned out the product was not working! DOA! so much struggles for something which turned out to be already dead when i got it. Pfff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic