ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Professional Gaming 3700x RAM issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vicheron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Professional Gaming 3700x RAM issues
    Posted: 31 May 2020 at 11:56am

Hi,

I have a Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming and I just upgraded the CPU from a Ryzen 1700X to a 3700X and I've been having severe issues with the RAM.

I have the latest BIOS. I've updated the chipset and drivers.

I've tried 3 different types of RAM. Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB, Crucial Ballistix 2x16GB, and G.Skill Flare X 2x8GB.

With the Corsair and Crucial, the PC will not post at all. I tried different slots. I tried using a single stick. I've cleared CMOS. Nothing works.

With the Flare X, the PC will not post with 2 sticks in. Clearing CMOS does not work. Switching slots won't work. It will only start with one 8GB stick.

With the 1700X, I used the G.Skill Flare X 2x8GB for almost 3 years with no issues.

Is there any fix for this?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 10:45pm
i have the very nearly identical x370 taichi (bios 5.8)

i find with mine after a bios reset (and when i first swapped the 3800 from a 1700)

the first initial boot i can only use 1 stick in slot a2
i then save and exit with the same defaults and reboot into bios

i then add the 2nd stick to slot b2 save and exit still with defaults

i then re-enter bios and can freely set xmp 3600 cl16 save and exit
i can then even NOW go back in and enter the tigher ram timings from the dram calculator

BUT IF I LOCK THE BIOS AND NEED TO RESET IT

i must first clear cmos fully and then boot with one stick in a2

after this the pc starts fine every time even with tighter ram timings than xmp 3600mhz

it can only be a bit of a bug in the bios when its first reset that can 'LEARN' and remember after initial boot

i only found out my method by mistake and trial and error when i first got my 3800x ( imagine me thinking i had done a bad bios flash at first and wrecked my board )
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
vicheron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vicheron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 2:13am
My PC will not POST at all with two sticks of RAM.

When I turn my PC on with two sticks, it's a black screen, the chassis fans turn on but the CPU fans do not, no BIOS, the Dr. Debug flashes 33, then it restarts.

When I make changes to the BIOS with 1 stick of RAM, it will be saved when I boot with 1 stick of RAM. But when I try to boot with 2 sticks, I get no POST again. But then when I try booting with 1 stick again, all the BIOS changes will be gone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic