ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trying to setup HW sata raid 1 on B450 Gaming-ITX
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to setup HW sata raid 1 on B450 Gaming-ITX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to setup HW sata raid 1 on B450 Gaming-ITX
    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 11:54pm
Hi,
I am trying to setup hw raid1 on Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac. Note that this is my first ever experience with hw raid.
I assumed that it is just about shoving the HDDs in and creating a RAID array in BIOS, but it seems to not have such an option. It detects both HDDs just fine. I searched in Storage options as well as in Advanced options. The only thing that seemed it could be of help was the "Easy RAID Installer", which requires CD, that came in with my MOBO, inserted in my optical drive. Sadly the computer doesnt have the optical drive and I am not planning to buy one just for this one opportunity. Is there any other way to solve this problem without the CD?
PS: both disks are brand new, identical and not formatted yet.
Thanks!
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:07am
download the raid driver from the asrock support page for your board
and make a usb drive

or download it from amd support page for your chipset

its quite a simple problem to solve
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
andrlos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:17am
Well I thought that there will be a solution with a thumbdrive. But.. maybe a silly question.. suppose I already have a thumbdrive with downloaded and extracted driver.. What do I do then? Does it automatically recognize the thumbdrive and uses it as a substitution for the CD when running the "Easy RAID Installer" utility or is there a whole different workflow of installing the drive inside the UEFI bios? O.o
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:54am
to that question im afraid your have to use the 'read me' file

or may i suggest a youtube video by a guy called

wendell channel called 'level1techs'

im recall him showing you

to be fair theres not a lot of demand for raid these days due to either

raid 0 being slower than most nvme drives
and raid 1 being not such a popular form of backing up data with cheap external drives and fast usb connectors
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic