ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini 110 - CPUs with cTDP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeskMini 110 - CPUs with cTDP
    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 2:06am
Hello,

I own a DeskMini 110 with BIOS P8.10 (latest).
My CPU is an i5-7600T which has a TDP down feature of 25W.
I can't find an option in the BIOS to set it to that value.

I also own a DeskMini 310 paired with an i5-9600T and that BIOS has the option to limit the TDP.

To ASRock personnel: Please add that feature to the next BIOS-version for the DeskMini 110, thanks!!
Why mine when you can research? - GRIDCOIN - Real cryptocurrency without wasting hashes! www.gridcoin.us
djoser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 4:32am
It seems that my requested option in BIOS once existed.
It's called long/short duration power limit (see page 43 of the user manual for DeskMini 110), but it's not included in latest BIOS-version???
Or am i missing something?
Why mine when you can research? - GRIDCOIN - Real cryptocurrency without wasting hashes! www.gridcoin.us
djoser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 2:06am
Since no one answered so far, here my next questions:
What version was the last one with the power limit features activated and is it safe to downgrade the BIOS-version?
Thanks and regards!
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:29am
Dear Djoser,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, DeskMini 110 production BIOS only support 65W CPU change power limit.
Please download the BETA BIOS P8.10K, we add the power limit option for T series CPU.
Download link:
https://download.asrock.com/TSD/Desktop/BIOS/H11STX_8.10K.zip

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
djoser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:23pm
I flashed the Beta-BIOS today and it works perfectly and i have the power limit option available now.
Thank you very much for making this possible!
THAT'S what i call customer support
Truely yours, djoser.
ovos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 10:50pm
Hi,

Any chance that you could repost the link to the beta firware, this one is not working.

Trying to see if this firmware prevents my desk mini from freezing.

Thanks

GS
wewerere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wewerere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 2:08am
Originally posted by ovos ovos wrote:

Hi,

Any chance that you could repost the link to the beta firware, this one is not working.

Thanks

GS

Here's fix:
[code]http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp£TID=17021&title=solution-for-intel-graphics-freezing-system[/code]

FYI: there was a big thread here about deskmini 110 freezing during gpu usage but it disappeared
ovos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 6:06pm
Hi,

Thnks for the reply. I'll try thesolution out to see if it helps.

All the best

GS

Originally posted by wewerere wewerere wrote:

Originally posted by ovos ovos wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

GS

Here's fix:
[code]http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp£TID=17021&title=solution-for-intel-graphics-freezing-system[/code]

FYI: there was a big thread here about deskmini 110 freezing during gpu usage but it disappeared
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic