ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock 970 extreme4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bockle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bockle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 10:56pm
I love how the admin of this site remove all tech issues and say to post them right down the bottom hidden under all the other useless info. Sort of like trying to read the terms and conditions of something.

I bought an Asrock 970 extreme4 along side a black edition 8320.

Ever since doing so I have been experiencing massive FPS drops in games. And I don't mean slight annoyances, I am talking to the point of every game is unplayable. So I figured it was my GPU as I hadn't updated that. So off I go and lash out $550 I really couldn't afford but alas my gaming is very important to me and I am also a streamer. My graphics are 1000x better... I run awesome FPS... with one issue. This FPS drop is still happening! Every game, every 15 seconds it drops to 2-3 FPS for about 5 seconds. I then think maybe its because of my CPU. So I start researching and asking questions. Turns out after months and months of putting up with this crap, It cames down to dodgy ass Asrock CLAIMING the 970 extreme4 supports the 8320 after their dodgy ass 1.60 bios update. What they don't say is that the board is actually under powered and will most likely cause the CPU to not be fed enough power causing these bullcrap frame drops.

I have done all the tests, my CPU doesn't over heat, my processes dont go over 30-40% with games open, yet somehow all 8 cores will max out for no damn reason.

Someone wanna explain wtf? Without getting all high and mighty about posting this in the little dark corner where it can be swept under the carpet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic