ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Disabling USB when powered off on B85 Anniversary?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disabling USB when powered off on B85 Anniversary?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idmb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disabling USB when powered off on B85 Anniversary?
    Posted: 17 May 2015 at 2:57pm
I have a B85 Anniversary and absolutely love it, except I happen to have this mouse;

http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/11765-cm-storm-devastator-support-guide/

Which requires the USB ports not receive power when the computer is shut off or the LEDs will constantly be on.

Help?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 3:03pm
I think you may be out of  luck there, most new motherboards continue to supply power to the USB ports when the system is shut down so that you can use wake functions and or charge devices. My advice would be to simply flip the power switch at the back of the PSU to off when you are not using the system. I have the same board as you and I have a USB light hooked up inside my PC, it also remains on when the system is shut down so I turn the system off at the PSU or the wall depending on how easy it is to access the PSU switch.

Bare in mind that LEDs use very little power so they lights will remain on for a little while after the system is turned off at the PSU or wall, this is because of the residual charge in the systems capacitors. They will go off eventually Wink 

Edited by Xaltar - 17 May 2015 at 3:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic