ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z170 Exterme 4 issue ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami2311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z170 Exterme 4 issue ???
    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 5:11am
Few month back I had BSoD that was null pointer, that BSoD resulted in my Bios no longer posted asrock logo got corrupt and and could no longer get in to the bios it was cycling code 4c 00 19, Switch to bios 2 and had 55 code, Switch back to bios 1 and FW flashed 3.70 bios every thing went back to normal.

since then I kind left it be, but I started having these post time that would take 20seconds ~1 minute + before windows would load.

So I turned off Fullscreen log and I see in bottom right corner 99 9C A2 99 cycle, From what I could understand from the manual
92~99= pci e device error?
9C= USB post (found on google)
A2= IDE (found on google)
but I get those code when system post fine

So I shut my pc down to disconnect and reconnect all my sata cables and I removed my 1070ti and reinstalled it. Thinking every thing should be good now.

Nope I was greeted by black screen and 55 code on mb, which is ram? so reinstalled ram in A2 and B2 start pc nothing, black screen, I shut pc down again and pulled A2 Stick started PC and bios cycled threw a bunch of codes, which I think where 00 19 9c bios said it failed several times to config and reset, windows loaded. I then shut PC down again and put the ram back in to A2 System booted. last time I ran memtest on the ram which last time I saw that55 error memtest ran with no errors.

Normal Bios time cycle 99 9C A2 99 then boot windows, when everything is working correct power on to on desktop is like 12 seconds.

My question is what are these codes I seeing? is there PCI-E device error? I know 55 is ram? so I having that ram RMA'ed, is one those codes is Pci-e error I will have my gpu rma'ed. Asrock DR debug link just goes to an internal server error so i can even get the asrock codes.

Or do i have bigger issue like MB or CPU is going? which if that cause I will have start looking to build new pc which last thing i want to be be doing cause I if I have replace either or it rather just build new system

I did not expect my pc to black screen and give me 55 code from just reinstalling my gpu and resitting my sata cables. Which frankly the first time I put the system together I had issue where I had no screen, dont remember what I did then I probably pulled the gpu and re installed and pulled the ram and re installed that. and up till few months and that BSOD ago i had no issue

In windows stress test all come back fine, game run fine windows all fine from what i can tell.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 12:55pm
POST codes are not error codes, every time you power on your system it will cycle
through the POST (Power On Self Test/s). Each code signifies a specific test.
If a test fails to pass then that code will remain displayed and the system will
not continue to POST or boot.

The only code you need to worry about is a code that does not pass and remains displayed
on the debug display.
tsunami2311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami2311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 10:16am
What is the dimm slot for single memory? Corsair want me to test each my stick in dimm slot ment for single memory.

As code I more interested at this point on what is caused the 55 code when I re stat my gpu. it not first time I seen the code. and no screen on boot.

First issue I had when I first booted up this build was No screen I resat the ram in A2 B2 and everything booted up. All was fine till that BSoD I got few months back that reference null pointer, winded up corrupting my bios so I switch to bios 2 got a image but 4C error, switch back to Bios 1 and got 55 error, which when flash 3.70 on after everything was fine other then those usually long post time I get randomly which with Fullscreen logo off windup saying Configuration failed several times, it reset and go load windows. when I get those unusal long post times.

Till the 55 code happen again when I pulled my gpu and re sat it.
Manual says 92 - 99 could be pcie device error? guy I talked to say 99 means Bios post and I have image on monitor, but also could also mean pcie device error so which is it? it can possible mean both? cause that would be rather stupid.

So a long as the code is just flashing on the Bios screen and load windows the codes should be ignored? if the code stops and system dont boot then worry? and by Debug you mean on Board? codes that show there show in Bios post when Fullscreen logo disabled.

Also is there reason when Fullscreen logo is disable I get what looks like 640x480 box that displaying the bios info? is there any way to make the fit the screen.
tsunami2311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami2311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 1:40am
hypothetically question.

When the Bios say this configuration failure servral times happens, is there way to get it to tell what is failing to configure?

Did it fail to configure memory? or SSD? what? Ram is in process of beeing RMA.

But if it SSD then like to know which one in which case I can just swap Sata ports and see if that fixes the unusual boot times. my last MB actual had cpu/memory/storage device listed on the Bios post screen with "pass" when all is normal and "fail" when something went wrong there no such screen on this board it just shows

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U2pOnmSVKdNAHVv62go2sFNzce_5sBxh/view?usp=sharing

Only if that screen will show is that configuration failure several times when it happens but does not mention what failed.

I would assuming if memory failed configure and it reset it would revert the XMP profile set on the ram set the ram speed too 1066 but it dont stays at the 1200 which 2400 in windows
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic