ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock P55 PRO, my first love for overclock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote bog_xdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock P55 PRO, my first love for overclock
    Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:11pm
First, Hi to all AsrocK forum members.
I wish you all good.

And now my story( one of the story's) with Asrock.
It's back in the past in 2010, 5 years ago.
Then i made an upgrade to my computer and i bought the new platform, i5 750 on 1156 Intel socket and an Asrock P55 PRO motheboard which at that time was a big surprize for it's price, 110$.
I chose it because had a little more solid VRM for cpu, 8 phases VRM with an radiator for cooling, all solid capacitors and some overclocking features:
POWER/RESET/CLEAR CMOS buttons, and Debug panel.
All these features made me chose it.

For all other motherboards form Asus, Msi, Gigabyte i had to pay a higher price 150$ at least for these features.
So this motheboard was my budget overclocking dream.

So what results i got?
First to say i did some overclocking on LGA 775 socket but not so much.
With Asrock P55 PRO and i5 750, i made some seriosly overclocking and i became a big fan of overclocking, a man to do overclocking on every sistem i had.
4000Mhz, frecuency all day use, 4800Mhz Super Pi 1M and my first 5000Mhz submision on air. All with Asrock P55 PRO.
Also i became a big fan of Asrock producs, so after that in the last 5 years i had others Asrock motheboars, another hit for Asrock was Asrock P67 PRO3.
So thanks Asrock for that very good budget motheboard!

5ghz submision:
http://hwbot.org/submission/962464_bog_xdan_cpu_frequency_core_i5_750_5023.7_mhz

P.S. : Sorry if my english it's not so good.

Edited by bog_xdan - 17 May 2015 at 9:23pm
Live free or die hard
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 11:06pm
Now thats a PC that has seen some use! Great stuff.
bog_xdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bog_xdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 4:33am
It was my sistem for another 3 years.
Very fun to use.
Live free or die hard
hls2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hls2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 10:31am
wow, classic!!!!
bog_xdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bog_xdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 11:22pm
Another achievement 239 reference clock on air, first on air with P55 PRO, thirs score on P55 PRO.
http://hwbot.org/submission/962488_bog_xdan_reference_clock_p55_pro_239.33_mhz
Live free or die hard
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 2:10am
bog_xdan, Fantastic results on your OC! Clap

The Intel 1156 platform was the last one from Intel that allowed classic over clocking. That is, over clocking with the base clock and multiplier.

Some enthusiasts tend to classify ASRock boards as all budget, mid range products. They see the price of the board as the only thing that determines quality. Your system and achievements clearly show that is not true.

There are aspects of ASRock boards that are not obvious when we simply look at the specs, that are very important. Such as the SATA Option ROMs that are part of the BIOS and UEFI files, that allow the use of latest SSDs as OS drives, and booting the OS using the full capabilities of UEFI firmware. ASRock has included these as far back as their Intel 7 series chipset boards, and continues to do that with their latest boards.

Other mother board manufactures are just now catching up with ASRock with these features, usually only on their high end boards. Some manufactures still do not provide these features today.

Users that select boards based only on the number of CPU VRM phases or the perceived quality of the VRM chips, are ignoring things that are more important. Such as the quality and stability of a board's BIOS/UEFI versions. More beta BIOS versions does not indicate quality, exactly the opposite is true.

Thanks for posting your story and success. Keep up the great work! Thumbs Up

yo2mno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yo2mno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 2:38am
Nice times...
I wished I had started OCing, but then I was little and I haven't known about that.
Keep working!
bog_xdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bog_xdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 3:45am
Well this overclock with P55 PRO and i5 750 was when i had 21 years. Now i have 26 years, so i wasn't so little either than.
But overclocking it's very fun even being adult.
Live free or die hard
ncsipai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ncsipai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 10:03am
ehe 1156 socket good ol times Cry
dani-zburatorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dani-zburatorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 11:08pm
Last true overclocking socket from Intel.
And not so expensive.
Nice man!
FREE LIKE A BIRD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic