ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B550m PRO4 usb device disconnecting and reconnecti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550m PRO4 usb device disconnecting and reconnecti

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agassijeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 9:06pm
try disabling the usb port from uefi one by one but it is usually the newer one. in my case it is my usb 3.2 gen 2.
localhorst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote localhorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 6:25pm
I wanted to get in touch again on this topic. I was in contact with ASRock's support and they recommended that I send the board back to the supplier. I did that and have now received a new board. So far the BIOS has been running smoothly and Windows 10 has remained quiet. There is now version 3.00 on the board, I will not make a new BIOS update on it as long as it works. I was told it could be due to the AGESA drivers, but I can't guarantee that.
jordi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:24pm
Hey everyone. I wanted to post I found some new info on this subject, and apparently it's AMD's fault, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch£v=Gw2sT4lFfFw&t=124s

A fix is on the way, but no idea how long. Hope this helps some of you!
jordi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:56pm
Replace the £ by a question mark in the above URL, I don't know what's up with this forum.
quantummoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantummoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 12:02am
Thanks for the update. Just started having this issue out of the blue for months. Anyone resolve?
whiteroger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:07pm
Hi I was experiencing same problem but it's gone for now I had horrible boot times and laggy bios out of blue it stopped.

I think today beta bioses were released did someone tried it out ?
http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=BIOS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantummoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by whiteroger whiteroger wrote:

Hi I was experiencing same problem but it's gone for now I had horrible boot times and laggy bios out of blue it stopped.

I think today beta bioses were released did someone tried it out ?
http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=BIOS

Thanks, I think it?™s for the B550, not the B550m today. The wait continues

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantummoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 1:50am
Just updated the BIOS and it?™s still happening. Some device keeps reconnecting

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantummoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 1:54am

Well, like everyone said it was the USB-C port. I plugged my WiFi usb receiverwith a USB-A to USB-C adapter into the USB-C port and everything is fine. The driver for that port (port 5) is now correctly installed. What a huge waste of time after installing new bios, chipset, etc. Hope they fix this and this helps someone else

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantummoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 1:58am
Originally posted by quantummoon quantummoon wrote:

Well, like everyone said it was the USB-C port. I plugged my WiFi usb receiverwith a USB-A to USB-C adapter into the USB-C port and everything is fine. The driver for that port (port 5) is now correctly installed. What a huge waste of time after installing new bios, chipset, etc. Hope they fix this and this helps someone else

I can also confirm unplugging the adapter from the USB-C part is fine. The driver is still installed correctly. I imagine windows needs to install a driver for the USB-c port while something is plugged in. Will update if anything changes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic