ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A75M-HVS - Front panel audio not muting speakers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A75M-HVS - Front panel audio not muting speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A75M-HVS - Front panel audio not muting speakers
    Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 12:03pm
Hi,

My motherboard is model A75M-HVS. This comes with VIA VT1705 Audio Codec and is supposed to support both HDA and AC'97 audio.

I'm having problems connecting the front panel: The sound either goes to both the front audio panel AND the rear speakers at the same time or it only sounds in one of them. There's no way to configure the autodetection feature on the front panel audio jack so it mutes the speakers.

Here's a screenshot of the VIA HD Audio Deck (v10.1200A). You can see that the "front panel jack detection" option is not there:

I have tried everything: connecting a different front panel, connecting the front panel jack directly to the motherboard pins, different versions of the driver... it just seems like the motherboard can't autodetect the front panel jack :-(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:35pm
What OS are you using and is it 64/32bit?

You can try directly downloading the drivers from VIA's Driver portal. Just input your information and see if the driver is any newer/better featured than the one you are currently using. Your sound chip is the VT1705 which falls under "Vinyl HD Audio Codecs". 

Without knowing more about your system and OS I cannot offer any more advice. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 7:43pm
VT1705 Tech sheet says auto-detect on all 8 ports:
http://www.viatech.com/en/silicon/legacy/audio/vt1705/

But doesn't look like Windows 10 drivers are available:
http://www.via-drivers.com/viatech-sound-drivers.html
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
Batnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

What OS are you using and is it 64/32bit?

You can try directly downloading the drivers from VIA's Driver portal. Just input your information and see if the driver is any newer/better featured than the one you are currently using. Your sound chip is the VT1705 which falls under "Vinyl HD Audio Codecs". 

Without knowing more about your system and OS I cannot offer any more advice. 

Sorry, you're right. I forgot an important piece of info: Windows 7 64bits.

I already upgraded the drivers from VIA's webpage.

I think my next test should be buying a new HDA connector to see if that triggers somehow the autodetect feature. I already tried 2 different front panels I had lying around, but they are only labelled as "Audio", so they might be AC'97.

EDIT: spelling.

Edited by Batnana - 15 Dec 2015 at 12:43am
Batnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 12:42am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

VT1705 Tech sheet says auto-detect on all 8 ports:
http://www.viatech.com/en/silicon/legacy/audio/vt1705/
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">

Thanks! I'm pretty sure the motherboard/chip is capable of autodetecting the front jack... there must be something I'm doing wrong! Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic