ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRX40 Creator Error Code 62

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMasonBX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRX40 Creator Error Code 62
    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 11:38pm
Hi guys, I'm attempting my first build and I'm running into issue after issue. First my PSU was dead on arrival, got a new one yesterday and it was good to go. I boot up the PC and I didn't get a display and saw error code 05. Looked around and saw that had to do with the RAM. According to the QVL my RAM is only supported up 4 32gb DIMMs. I then booted with A2, B2, C2, and D2 slots filled and the error code changed to 62 which I understand is a PCI/e error. I disconnected my GPU and after cycling through, the Dr Debug went blank, showing no errors. So it feels safe to assume the issue is the GPU and not the M.2 SSD. I ran everything through PCPartPicker and all parts are compatible and the PSU delivers more than enough wattage. The GPU was always the least of my concerns because what I built this for graphics are unimportant, I basically just need it to get a display. Any help on how I can confirm if the GPU is defective or if is somehow not compatible with my board. Parts are below, thanks!

CPU - 3970x
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 4?32GB DDR-3200
Storage - Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 2280 NVME
GPU - Asus GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Phoenix OC Video Card
PSU - Corsair 1000W 80+ Platinum Fully Modular ATX. Model HX
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:00am
Do you have another GPU to test with? It could be as simple as the CPU isn't installed
correctly, with the sheer size and number of pins on threadripper it is pretty easy
to end up with a corner lifted and the pins not making proper contact in that region.
When I build TR systems and have issues I typically reseat the CPU first as a matter
of course. Also bare in mind that you can install the GPU in any slot so feel free
to test it in others to be sure it isn't a conflict with slot 1.
KMasonBX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMasonBX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:14am
If I reseat the CPU will I need to reapply thermal paste to my cooler or will the paste that's already applied still be fine?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 2:13am
I always clean and reapply if for no other reason than peace of mind. The only
time I reuse paste is if I am writing a review and am swapping CPUs frequently.
Even then, I apply fresh paste for the thermal testing phase. A spec of dust can
lower thermal efficiency significantly for example.
KMasonBX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMasonBX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I always clean and reapply if for no other reason than peace of mind. The only
time I reuse paste is if I am writing a review and am swapping CPUs frequently.
Even then, I apply fresh paste for the thermal testing phase. A spec of dust can
lower thermal efficiency significantly for example.

Tried everything imaginable including reseating the CPU and still getting the same 62 Dr. Debug error.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:41pm
Silly question, did you try clearing CMOS?

You can also try a minimal boot with just the CPU, 1 stick of RAM and GPU to rule
out conflicts. Have you tried a different display output/cable? It could be a
B2 (b2) error which is often the GPU not liking an HDMI cable.
KMasonBX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMasonBX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 3:19am
Yep, I've cleared the CMOS before every new attempt. Tried a different HDMI cable and got the same error, also tried with no HDMI cable. Just going to suck it up an order a new GPU (don't have another accessible) and hope for the best.

Thanks for your help!
m&e_tech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m&e_tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 1:42am
I suspect the issue you're experiencing is due to an extra PCIe power connection missing on the motherboard. This is in addition to the separate PCIe power connections directly into your GPU.

Make sure you have a 6-pin PCIe power cable plugged into the "Graphics 12V Power Connector", which is #18 on page 1 of the manual.

That seems to do the trick when you're getting code 62 on the TRX40 Creator motherboards.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic