ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

980DE3 bad bios updates / U3S3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 980DE3 bad bios updates / U3S3
    Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:59pm
I have a 980DE3 / U3S3 BIOS v1.50 working well except for an error in recognizing the speed of RAM is 1600 and I said it was lower.

1 year bios upgrade to 1.60 and computer turned off by heat. I saw yesterday had left the bios update 2.00 and smoothly. After restarting I auditioned WIN7 performance and to test CPU just turn off the computer, leave it until today it is cool to return to bios 1.50. today does nothing but only the green light is lit on the front of the box.

What can I do? that such poor quality from last bios? opsolescencia is scheduled?

Thank you. I need a solution
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 7:16pm
Am I correct in understanding that the system will not post at all now? No display, no beeps?

Did you flash back to 1.5 or did the system fail to post before you could? We need to know if the system posted at all after the last bios update you performed. If it did not post after an update then all you can do is try clear CMOS as I have described here and if the system still will not power on and post then you will then need to contact ASRock directly and order a new BIOS chip for your board.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 12:53am
If I read that right, it appears this computer at one time shut down due to overheating, them just recently it was flashed to 2.0, installed Win7, began a stress test and it again shut down unexpected ly.

Heat issues again?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 12:55am
Mirasu, if you would please, list out the hardware you're using on this computer.

It would maybe prove beneficial towards us helping you with us knowing all that your system is made up of.
mirasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 5:38am
Hi.

Thanks for answering.

Sorry, it seems the problem was the power supply, is dead. a tube was coincidence that the problem with bios 1.60. and after 10 min of test bios 2.00 breaks.

I hope I get the new power supply with more quality: -D

Thank you.
mirasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 5:14am

With the new power supply computer restarts for temperature, after the first reboot I entered the bios and brand 82 ° C

what happens to these bios? that starting from v1.60 or the temperature rises. does work the processor or on feed ??

Any solution?

Memorias DDR3 - <b>G.Skill</b> Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 8GB 2x4GB CL7 - F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM$
Placas Base AMD Socket AM3 - <b>Asrock</b> 980DE3/U3S3 - 90-MXGWV0-A0UAYZ
Procesadores AMD Socket AM3 - <b>AMD</b> FX Series FX-8320 3.5Ghz 8X - FD8320FRHKBOX*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic